Include a die at Allsorts challenge

 


It's my turn to host the Allsorts challenge this week and I've chosen the theme of "include a die cut". 

Each week I go for a walk with a friend and quite often we go through Wollaton Deer park. Here's a photo I took earlier in the year  on one of our walks, and was the inspiration for my card. Of course this card is going to her for Christmas.


I downloaded the paper from Crafts Beautiful magazine - Festive Deer Papers by Lydia Meiying. Then I used an Apple Blossom die cut from textured white card and a couple of bird dies cut from an offcut from the deer paper. The sentiment is from a very old Paula Pascale set.

Our prizes this week are

Tattered Lace Clematis Floral Edges cut and emboss die

and 3 images from Ruth Hamilton Design

I'm also entering this card into the cd sunday plus challenge as I used a digital download.

I do hope you can join in the challenge this week and I look forward to visiting you to see your makes.

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
fantastic design and gorgeous card Lynn
Gr Karin
Wendy L said…
It looks wonderful and just like your photo, xx
Pamela said…
That was great that you were able to find the perfect paper for the background. Your friend will love this card.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Pauline C said…
Fabulous dies Lynn, and perfect take on your inspiration photo.
Pauline x
coldwaters2 said…
This is absolutely gorgeous Lynn I love the dies you have used to create this wonderful festive card and I love the picture what inspired you ACE make
hugs
lolo x
I love your background prefect with the die cut reindeer
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT
Sarn said…
Hi Lynn

This is a lovely festive card in non-traditional colours. Very appealing.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
brenda said…
There's no better place to gain inspiration than from Nature Lynn and you card is really lovely. We've not seen our little visitors the last week or two, apples all gone now so the interest has waned.

Great theme thank you, looks like being popular.

B x
Ellibelle said…
That's a beautiful photo of your walk, Lynn and great inspiration piece for your wonderful creation! Love the frame die cut with all the colorful deer in the background! A really fabulous card!
LesleyG said…
What a fabulous photo and an equally fabulous card, I love the colourful background xxx
Mervi said…
Nature gives beautiful inspirations, beautiful card and colours;-))m
Jocelyn said…
An interesting twist on a Christmas card using pretty colours. Thank you for joining us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Lovely colourful papers for this festive make Lynn.
Lorraine
Vee Cassidy said…
A lovely card and great memory pic, your friend will love it. Vee xx
Wow Linby, such cheerful and sweet card is this! LOVE the palette and the scene you have created! You are so lucky to see deers in your zone, I love them! Here there aren't, I leave near the sea. In our mountains there are some deers, but they are only a few and it's no easy see them.
P.S. In italian the word "die" means "when we go to the rainbow bridge"... :O
Zoechaos said…
That background paper was made just for your card! It is a lovely reminder of a day out spent with your friend as well as being very festive. Beautiful work xoxo
Your background is one I nearly chose from my files this week Lynn, love what you have done with it, it looks fabulous with the die cut front. Love it.
Faith x
HilaryJane said…
What a wonderful card, I love that paper and the colours and it works so well as an interpretation of your photo. Brilliant idea to add the little bird details too xx
Pia S said…
This is a card that caught my attention, the colorful patterned paper with deer and your clever use of white die cut details is a fantastic combination. I really love this card.