Anything goes with the option to use a stencil at Allsorts challenge

 


The theme at Allsorts challenge this week is "Anything goes with the option to use a stencil" I've gone with the option of using a stencil as they are fast becoming something I have so many of - almost as many as embossing folders.

This is an old three part stencil of a rose from CC. It's very large and I don't think I have ever put it on a card before. But with new sentiment stamps I decided I could use it and the effect wouldn't be lost with the over stamping. 

The first one is using a Woodware greeting and cut out with Phill Martin deboss circle dies. the second one I did onto some cream card for a more subdued look and then made my own card base as none of the card bases looked right with it. The corners are a JND die and the sentiment is from a CC set.


We Have two prizes on offer this week
AALL and Create stencil and Woodware stamp

Comments

Pauline C said…
Two brilliant cards Lynn, love the 2 part stencilling and putting the sentiment on top. Also love your corner die
Pauline xx
Sarn said…
Hi Lynne

Very effective stencilling on these two lovely cards. The backgrounds show off your sentiments perfectly. Loving the die cut corners too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx
HilaryJane said…
That large layered stencil gives a really soft image that is perfect for over stamping the sentiment. They are both great, I can't choose a favourite xx
A gorgeous stencil Lynn and two really lovely cards.
Lorraine
brenda said…
That's a really gorgeous stencil Lynn and the layering of colours really bring it to life.

B x
Beautiful stencil rose, love both your creations with it!!
Mervi said…
Fabulous card Lynn, lovely round design;-))m
Ellibelle said…
It's a beautiful stencil, Lynn. Both cards are simply stunning and it's so effective how you stamped the sentiment right over the stenciled designs!
Wendy L said…
They look lovely and I recognised John's corner die, very pretty. Xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two fantastic cards Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Vicky Hayes said…
What a gorgeous stencil this is Lynn and so effective as a stand alone bloom with the large sentiments. I particularly like the brighter pink one and I love the depth you've got with the layering. Vicky x
Vee Cassidy said…
These are both lovely, Lynn. I think my favourite is the second one. Vee xx