Kingfisher snippets

 


You may have seen the Kingfisher card I made recently (it's at the bottom of the post in case you didn't see it). With all the inlaid parts I had a few snippets of the die left over. I hate to waste anything so I came up with these two designs. The first is the layering of the different pieces from each of the colours I had used which in turn were cut from snippets themselves! 


The second version is two of the more complete die cuts I had as I did make more than one at the time. I used a backdrop from one of the TL magazines to mount it onto and a little butterfly to cover a missing piece. 



Here's my original kingfisher design, another will be making an appearance soon. It's part of a bigger project I am in the process of completing.

Of course as this is all snippets I am off to the new home of the Snippets Playground blog to show everyone.

Comments

Sarn said…
Wahoo . . . lovely to see you in the Playground Lynn. Come up to the Treehouse and try out the new comfy chair - plus there's a bit of sherry and some left over Christmas cake that needs scoffing!

LOVE your Kingfisher cards. They are brilliant use of snippets.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
brenda said…
Sarn leading you astray again I see, she's incorrigible, but she is right how effective the Kingfishers are.

B x
Di said…
What stunning kingfisher cards! Beautiful work on all of them.

Hugs

Di xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautifulllllllll cards Lynn
Gr Karin
Always love seeing new ways to use scraps and leftovers and both your solutions are just brilliant, Lynn!! The layering in the first one looks great and LOVE the second one, it's really inspiring and evocative of the natural Kingfisher's habitat!! That yellow little butterfly is the perfect touch and I have never had notice of a missing piece if you haven't said!! Very well done!
HilaryJane said…
Great use of your left overs. Love the idea of using a picture in the background, very clever xx