Something new at Allsorts challenge

 


Time for our new challenge at Allsorts and Pauline has chosen the theme of "something new". I did get some lovely goodies this Christmas and birthday, and some sale bargains, so I was spoilt for choice on what to use!

For my DT card I've gone with this fab die from CC and am so pleased how it turned out, despite it taking a while with the repeat cutting to be able to place the different colours into the die base. I cut the base from gloss black card so it does look rather like a window in real life. 

I mounted it onto a piece of blue card and then some black card. Adding a sentiment from a Lisa Horton frame set.

Our winner chosen by random.org this week will receive a voucher to spend at Helping Hands Craft .

I'm also entering this card into the NBUS challenge as this is the first outing for the die.

Comments

brenda said…
So effective Lynn, imagine it took a while piecing it all together but well worth the time.

B x
Pauline C said…
Fantastic intricate card Lynn - it really does look like stained glass, beautiful.
Pauline xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is gorgeous Lynn. Love this stained glass window creation.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Sarn said…
I think you have TONNES more patience than I do Lynn! But - WHAT a great result. I love that it's so colourful - and who can resist a glimpse of a Kingfisher?

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Ellibelle said…
What a fabulous card, Lynn. I can see all the work it took, but so worth the time! Just gorgeous, a true work of art!
Mervi said…
What a gorgeous and fabulous card.
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's great and gorgeous Lynn
Gr Karin
A gorgeous stained glass window card, beautiful subject too.
Lorraine
Wendy L said…
Wow, it looks amazing, so much patience !!!!!!
I was going to say the same as Wendy L, this is fantastic Lynn.
Faith x
HilaryJane said…
I love inlaid die cutting, it is one of my favourite techniques and this is a stunning example. A little tip that I found works well if you have small pieces is to use markers to colour them, it saves all that repeat cutting. I absolutely love this one xx
Darnell said…
If you ever get an inch to try a new branch of creativity, Lynn, you should make stained glass art! This is sensational! I think it's a hummer, so that makes me love it even more! Thank you for inspiring (and enabling!) everyone at NBUS! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell
Your stained glass window looks so impressive with that bird, Linby! Fabulous choice of colours!! A lot of patience, but such beautiful result!
Hugs
Vee Cassidy said…
It is a lovely creation, Lynn you must be very patient. I do love kingfishers and this one is special. Vee xx
Bonnie Lynn said…
Love your stained glass card! Wow!! Looks so real.