Winter City Scape

 


Over at the Inspiration Station challenge they have this photo for inspiration. As soon as I saw it I thought of some London stamps that I have never used. I have lots of London themed items and was going to one day get around to scrapbooking with them - but that never happened!


So, this picture inspired me to get out all the London stuff and this is what I came up with. I took a piece of card and blended DIs onto it and then stamped the image. I then flicked some water to faux emboss and add some white and glitter pen for snow/stars.

I used the debossed dies by Phill Martin to cut it out and then again for the backing circle. I also found a previously embossed union jack where I had cut away the inside of the embossing. I can't remember what that was for but it fitted this card. The background paper is from a set that came with a magazine in the 2012 Queen's jubilee - I will be trying to use some of those other items this year for the Platinum jubilee!

Comments

A fabulous card and great use of the Union Jack cut out that you found too.
Lorraine
WOW! Lynn, so creative and such a wonderful card. Love the Union flag shape as a background.
Faith x
Pauline C said…
Fabulous scene Lynn and very creative use of the Union Jack. Brilliant warm up for the Platinum Hjubilee
Pauline xx
Crafting Queen said…
Wonderful card, love the design. Anesha x
brenda said…
A super take on the inspiration Lynn, right down to carrying the colours of the lights.

B x
Vee Cassidy said…
A lovely card and such an appropriate design too. Vee xx
Donna Walls said…
Oh My Goodness....this is stunning. I love the scene and the ink blending; such a wonderful intrepretation of the inspiration photo! Thanks for entering your lovely project in the challenge at The Inspiration Station! Donna
Wow Lynn, this design is stunning! Great interpretation of the mood board and love all the cutting to make the flag!!
Hugs
Darlene said…
OH WOW this is just AWESOME! Fabulous interpretation of our board and thanks for sharing with us how it inspired this creation! Beautiful design and inking! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
Darlene
INSPIRATION STATION
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
HilaryJane said…
I love this one, so imaginative, great stamp and great framing. Very clever use of the union jack die too xx