Holly Hobbie

 


This week at Allsorts challenge we would like to see "hand coloured or paper pieced images". I decided to make a new picture for my frame. 

I love Holly Hobbie. When I was a teenager I had this image and another one on my bedroom wall. They were actually sheets of wrapping paper. So I had to have this CC stamp, but she has remained uninked for so long! I saw on someone's blog they had used a HH image and it inspired me to dig her out and use her.

Her pinafore is a patchwork and so I chose a paper that I thought would look like that, without the effort of individually paper piecing each square!!! I had such fun making her and when complete I used some promarkers over the papers for shading.



We have two prizes on offer this week. A Tonic die set from Colemans Craft Warehouse and 3 images from Ruth Hamilton Design.

Comments

Sarn said…
I simply love this card Lynn. We must be of similar age as I always liked Holly Hobbie too! There's just something so appealing about them. Great paper piecing with the additional bit of shading too! xxx
Ellibelle said…
Such a great image for paper piecing and this turned out so very cute and makes a beautiful framed picture!
Pauline C said…
Ooh I remember Holly Hobbie too !! Yikes does that “time stamp” us ?? 🤣🤣 It is lovely how you have paper pieced her dress and pinafore .. very cute and so perfect for this challenge theme.
Pauline xx
Mervi said…
Like you I had those HH images hanging in my room.
Lovely and nostalgic memories with this lovely card;-))m
Oh, Holly Hobbie girls were my favourites too when I was a girl!! I still have some old notebooks with these girls, It think I will recycle them one day :D
Love your paperpiecing and shading, especially the hat!
Hugs
A lovely image and great paper piecing too. I remember Holly Hobby so well in my younger days too.
Lorraine
Mrs.B said…
A lovely card Lynn, I think most girls loved Holly Hobbie and it's a super image to paper piece. This would make a lovely framed picture.
Avril xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is delightful Lynn. I have had this stamped up on my desk for awhile now but haven't got round to colouring her. I love how you have portrayed her.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
brenda said…
SHe's an adorable image Lynn and your design showcases her perfectly.

B x
Vee Cassidy said…
Totally sweet creation, it is lovely to find something propting a nice memory. I have had some art pads for ages and some have Holly Hobby images for colouring. Vee xx
OH! How beautiful Lynn, I shall have to go back into my files and dig out an image of her I haven't used for years. I love the simplicity of your frame and the gorgeous colours you used.
Faith x
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is so sweet and lovely Lynn
Gr Karin
Mac Mable said…
What fabulous choice of papers for the paper piecing and she sure is frame worthy.....Super cute and adorable x.
HilaryJane said…
She is beautiful, I am so glad she has seen some ink at last. You paper piecing is just perfect and I love that you kept it simple with the oval frame and lovely golden mount xx