Feminine at Allsorts challenge

 


This week Mervi has chosen the theme of "Feminine" at Allsorts challenge.

I was looking through my 12x12 offcuts when I noticed the name of the hotel on this piece. It's the name of a friend of mine, and so I just had to use it for her card. In case she missed it I used the Birthday girl tag pointing right at it lol!

It seemed a shame to cover the reverse as it was patterned, but it did need strengthening so I mounted it onto a piece of teal card. I then cut a TL cocktail glass and antiqued it with polishes. I put a fold into the piece of card to enable it to stand and make it more like a card.

Our prizes this week are from Craft Stash and 3 images from Ruth Hamilton Design

Comments

brenda said…
This is a very you card Lynn and how nice it personalises it for your friend.

B x
Vee Cassidy said…
That is lovely and clever. Vee xx
Sarn said…
Lovely patterned paper and perfect for your friend. Nice to put the extra fold and make the card a bit different too. xxx
Mervi said…
Fabulous card for your friend, she'd love it;-))m
KarinsArtScrap said…
this is a very beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
Ellibelle said…
A really fun birthday card, Lynn. Love how you highlighted the tag! I'm sure she will be thrilled with the card!
Fabulous paper to create your card Lynn, loving the embellishments and I'm sure your friend will too.
Lorraine
Fabulous card Lynn, the paper is awesome as well the antique cocktail glass, you have had a great idea using them for your friend's birthday card!
Hugs
Pauline C said…
Very clever Lynn and stylishly done - I'm sure your friend will love it!!
Pauline xx
Mrs.B said…
This is fabulous and brilliant way to use the paper. I'm sure your friend will love her birthday card.
Avril xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
o that is very kind of you Lynn you can link my blog thats no problem.

gr karin
KraftyKoolKat said…
An awesome creation Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
HilaryJane said…
So sorry I am a bit late to this one, not sure what happened. Love this, and how perfect that it is just right for your friend. A very clever way to fold it so it stands up too x