Spring delights and The New Forest




 

I'm here with a mid month reminder with my DT cards for two challenges  We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations

My first cards are for the We Love Stamping challenge theme of Anything stamped with a Spring theme. I used a really old wooden stamp - I must have had it 15+ years. I actually made the second card first and was really pleased with the water colouring of the image. I used the same TL ditsy leaves as on the second card, but cut part of it away for this version. The first card I stamped second and used red inks onto the stamp this time.

My second card is for Stamping Sensations and the Stamp something for Spring theme. I used a Indigo Blu set called Nottingham lace. I've never used this tulip stamp from the set before. After colouring I used a yellow and green promarker to give a shadow to the image.  I used one of the other stamps to shadow stamp the background. I then used a CC frame die and a little ribbon, repeating the same stamp on the base card for the greeting.

We've just had a few days in The New Forest - a few photos to share with you.

We saw lots of donkeys and horses in the forest, but these ones roamed freely through Beaulieu stopping the traffic


We went to Beaulieu Motor Museum. This motor bike and wicker sidecar look frightening by modern safety standards. It had a top speed of 45mph too!


As well as the museum the Palace House at Beaulieu is wonderful and so lovely inside.



A selection of clothes worn by previous Palace House residents. This hand knitted woollen evening gown caught my eye!

The next two photos are Bucklers Hard - a beautiful little hamlet with Georgian cottages, that runs down to the river.  There's a maritime museum and you can go in one of the cottages and a little chapel.


The kitchen garden at our hotel. So very neat and tidy.


Comments

Pauline C said…
Beautiful cards Lynn - so pretty and spring like with the fab tulip images. Lovely photos of your break ... adorable donkeys and looks like there were some really picturesque places to visit - glad you enjoyed it.
Pauline x
brenda said…
Two beautiful Tulip card Lynn. Great photos as well, looks like you had reasonable weather which makes a great difference to a break away.

B x
Ellibelle said…
Such gorgeous spring themed card, Lynn with these pretty tulip stamps! And what a fun trip you had. Would love to visit the Palace House! The garden looks so pretty too!
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn, the top card especially looks so life like. Thank you for sharing the photos of your days away. Great photography.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
pinky said…
Beautiful spring cards Lynn! Love the colours, so bright and cheerful. Gorgeous photos of your trip. How cute are the donkeys, so out of place.
Hi Lynn, such fabulous spring cards with these tulips! Beautiful water-colouring and designs! Love especially the first one!
Fabulous photos, loved seeing the donkeys roamed freely through the town! :)
You have visited a lot of wonderful places, wow!!
Vee Cassidy said…
Really lovely cards, Lynn. Thanks for the brilliant pics too. Vee xx
Mervi said…
Fabulous florals and pretty pics;-))m
HilaryJane said…
What gorgeous tulip cards, love how you have coloured them. The little butterflies on the first one are a great finishing touch. I am glad you enjoyed your little holiday, thanks for sharing the pictures xx
Zoechaos said…
I'm late getting round, apologies but not been 100%. Love your cards the framing is so right and highlights the pretty main images, its another masterclass. Then you went to the New Forest, part of my childhood playground I love living up here but do miss the very different countryside of the south, lovely to see your pictures. xx
Mrs.B said…
Lovely cards Lynn, I do love Tulips. Looks like you've had a lovely break in the New Forrest, photos are lovely.
Avril xx
Fiona said…
lovely spring cards, the photos are fab too.

fi
x