Sending Love Snippets

 


If you've been to my blog before you probably know I love the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh. I downloaded this paper from Papercraft Inspirations magazine years ago - kissed by a rose.

I had a tiny piece left over from when I last printed it out and decided to see if I could make something with it. In the end I managed two cards both using snippets of card from my box.

The first one is using a CRM inspired die set by Memory Box and a sentiment from CC. For the second card I decided to heat emboss a stamp from Carabella onto some vellum using some mixed EF powder. 


Two tiny cards but pleased with how they turned out. As I used snippets I'm off to the Snippets Playground to link them up there and also as I used a download at CD Sunday plus challenge - anything goes.

Comments

Sarn said…
Hi Lynn

I also like CRM so both of these cards really appeal to me! Congrats on using up some of your snippets, and thanks for coming to play on the swings. Fancy a go on the roundabout next?

Hugs,Sarn xxx
Vicky Hayes said…
The Charles Rennie M roses are gorgeous Lynn and I love the way you used them. The colour combo of the first is particularly appealing to me and I love the way you topped the roses with a coordinating die. Vicky x
Definitely a recognisable rose Lynn, you have created 2 beautiful cards with them, love the die over them and the colour mix. Your second with the embossed vellum is also very lovely.
Faith x
Di said…
Of course! CRM was also heavily influenced by Japanese styles which also links with your love of Japanese art and styles! xx
Di said…
I too love CRM! I love your cards - loads! Gorgeous paper and i do believe i have the same or very similar corner die. The rose design are always so elegant and understated.

Hugs

Di xx
You have done so well using these snippets of the gorgeous Mackintosh paper!!Wow! They are two amazing cards and love so much especially the first one with that fabulous matching corner and the blue contrast!
Hugs, have a lovely weekend!
Certainly a Charles Macintosh design, and you made two lovely cards using up your snippets, beautiful backing paper
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT
Pamela said…
I really like your first card Linby. As the second one is your fourth entry it won't be eligible to be considered by Margaret for her Top Three.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Wendy L said…
They do look lovely, xx
Seafield Jo said…
These are both beautiful and a great way to use up your snippets.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT
HilaryJane said…
Oh yes, I agree. Your roses are wonderful xx