Sewing and reading

 


I'm here with a mid month reminder with my DT cards for two challenges We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations

My first card is for the theme of Stamp of the Moment /Favourite Stamp at We Love Stamping. I love anything sewing related and this card actually has two stamps of the moment. As in the background I have a AAL stamp set and the main image is from Crafters Companion. 

I decided to make a background using the stamps and some splattered paints. I then randomly used a stitched die with no cutting edge over and over the card to look like stitching.  The Daisy Mae rectangle die set then came in useful for mounting. I have struggled for years to find rectangles that are not wide and I love this set.

My second card is for Stamping Sensations where the theme is "I love..." Reading. I'm also a book reviewer if you didn't know and this is my blog Books In My Opinion (BOOKSIMO).

This little lady is from the same range as the first stamp above. I paper pieced her and the chair using some very old SU papers. I couldn't resist using the die from Hunkydory and a sentiment from a MFT set and a Embossing folder from a magazine. 

I made a second version by cutting away the outline of the die and using the left over part from the paper piecing for the chair.


Our winner at We Love Stamping will receive a Santoro collection from Craft Stash and at Stamping Sensations three prizes of Penny Black stamps.

Comments

Mervi said…
Cute stamps and fabulous cards.
Sunny greetings;-))m
KarinsArtScrap said…
fab / cute and beautiful cards Lynn
Gr Karin
Vee Cassidy said…
These are both gorgeous. As an avid reader myself, although mostly on audio these days, I will be checking out your blog. Vee xx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Lynn these are two brilliant creations I love the stamps you have used and your designs looking amazing and so different the sewing one in particular look fantastic
hugs
lorraine x
Ellibelle said…
All three cards are simply fabulous and I could tell what your "I Loves" are right away :) Beautifully done!
brenda said…
Knowing your love of fashion and reading all of there are perfect cards from you Lynn.

B x
Zoechaos said…
I love your style and how you combined a quirky style with a cute style so very successfully. Great set of cards that reflect so much about you. x
Wendy L said…
Super cards Lynn,very different too, xx
Pauline C said…
2 gorgeous cards Lynn - fab images and I absolutely love all the details with your dies, stitching, paper piecing and background stamping ... so much to look at and all in a completely good way!! Happy Easter
Pauline xx
Crafting Queen said…
Wonderful cards, love the images. Anesha x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two gorgeous creations Lynn and by other comments seem that they protray you to a "T".
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
HilaryJane said…
three really special cards from you this time. I do love the first one and the clever use of the stitch die. Great to see your elegant lady sitting on top of her sewing machine, that made me smile. Love both your reading cards too. I had a quick look at your book review blog, how on earth do you find the time, not only to read but to review? I am very impressed xx
Wow! Three really unique cards, Lynn! Love that lady stamp, is cute but also vintage and so impressive. Great background for the first one, and your paper piecing in the other two looks fabulous! The second one is my favourite, you created a perfect scene for the lady on her chair with the embossed library, the lovely frame and the pile of books, the cup of tea and the biscuits! :)!
I didn't knew that you are also a Book reviewer, you are full of skills!
Sarn said…
A fabulous trio of cards.

I particularly like the book ones and love the book EF and your “novel” sentiment stamp. Great idea for 2 ways to use that brilliant die. Xxx
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous card really love the sewing one
Carol x