Chill out in the sun

 




I'm always trying to do something different with card kits. This one had a A4 sheet which I decided to cut the top half off and then use a die to cut the scene up. I used a stencil for the background which replicated some of the pattern on the sheet. I'm not as pleased with it as I would have liked but then I decided to use the off cut to make the second card. 

The sentiments are from a Penny Black stamp set and the kit is by CC and is old!

I'm going to the Snippets Playground with the second card. This whole card front is a snippet from the first card.

Comments

Sarn said…
Two for one is always fun Lynn. I like these unusual cards. The artwork is amazing and it's a good way to use up your snippets.

Now grab a Maypole ribbon and put one of Di's flower garlands in your hair and come dance! xxx
HilaryJane said…
I am not quite sure how a mermaid would get on in the sun, she might need to keep her tail in the water. Anyway, it is a lovely image. What an ingenious design, love the stencil on the background too and you have 2 for the price of one. Can't be bad xx
I don't know why you don't like the first card, I find the design absolutely amazing and very creative! A fabulous work of art! Gorgeous vintage feel on both and the stencil looks great!
Hugs
Vee Cassidy said…
I love Mermaids and your cards are lovely. Vee xx
Well! aren't you the clever one, to even think of doing this and then to end up with 2 gorgeous and unique cards, Great work Lynn.
Faith x
brenda said…
Aren't these fun Lynn and I can almost feel the warmth from th sun plus a 20th style Mermaid, I love it.

B x
Di said…
Like Brenda - or B as I call her - this radiates golden sunshine! Great work Lynn. Clever lady.

Hugs

Di xx