Flowers for a lady

 



A new month and so it's time for the new themes at the monthly challenges I am on the DT for at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations. My two cards are above and the explanation you will find below.

At We Love Stamping we would like to see creations suitable "For a Lady". For my DT card I used an offcut from the triple die I have been using as the edge is leaves is too nice to throw away. I then used a CC stamp coloured with Inktense pencils and some CE silhouette flower stamps along the bottom. Then I used DI inks to blend the background. I have this CC die unused as I was not sure how to use it when I think it was with a CC magazine. Glad I kept it as I quite like the effect and I used some of the die cut butterflies to put elsewhere on the card. Finally I added some fibres along the bottom.

The occasion can be anything you choose so long as it's suitable for a lady or girl and the focal element is hand stamped as our preference or digital.

There are two prizes, from Craft Stash Field of Dreams paper pad and coordinating stamps.



Our theme at Stamping Sensations is "Anything stamped with option of Floral and Fauna". For my card I used some TH stamps and spritzed the card after stamping and dragged some of the colour to shade the flowers. I used the same stamps to create a background with no colouring. The sentiment is from a PB set.

You choose the occasion, but please remember we are a stamping challenge which means the focal element of your entry must be hand stamped as our preference or digital.



Our prize is a trio from Oakwood Archer's Doodles in Bloom collection, dies, stamps and stencil.


Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
sweet and beautiful cards Lynn
Gr Karin
Zoechaos said…
Brilliant use of the offcut it has made such in interesting and eye catching panel, I love that verse as well very fitting. Your SS card is so different and exciting as well that watercolour effect is magical. xx
Vee Cassidy said…
Lovely cards with sweet images and words. Vee xx
Pauline C said…
2 stunning cards today Lynn ... great use of the die cut on the first one and the sentiment is fabulous; and i love your water colouring technique on the second card. Pauline xx
brenda said…
What lady doesn't love flowers and I wouldn't mind the dress the lady is wearing on your first card, two real beauties today Lynn.

B x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two fantastic creations once again Lynn, love that sentiment on the first card. I adore butterflies and I find them so relaxing flittering by.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
HilaryJane said…
Love both these Lynn, they are so happy and vibrant. I see what you mean about the edge on the first one, it works a treat on your little country scene with that beautiful girl. Love her dress xx
Ellibelle said…
Beautifully done, Lynn. What a great verse on the first one along with the gorgeous image and design, and loving the stamped watercolor look on the second and really nice colors too!
Mrs.B said…
Lovely cards Lynn, and I agree, the first one has such a pretty off-cut edge, it would be a shame not to use it. Love the verse.
The watercoloured look on the TH Flower Garden stamps looks lovely, need to get mine out.
Avril xx
Wow Lynn, such inspiring cards! Both are so beautiful! LOVE especially the first one for WLS, and yes, that cut-off is delicious and you used it very well as background for the stamps!! Such fabulous design! Love the butterflies panel and has been a great idea cut some butterflies and move them to the right near the delightful lady! Beautiful poem and silhouettes too!
Hugs
Liz said…
Lovely cards Lynn, the quotes are beautiful. xx
Absolutely Beautiful cards Lynn, love the images and quotes. The butterfly one is I think, the first quote I ever used - although I could be wrong! It's amongst the first anyway hahaha
Faith x
Vicky Hayes said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn! What a clever idea to use the off cut from the triple die as your panel on your first card. I love the way you've tucked it behind a couple of the butterflies. Such a beautiful image and sentiment too. I love the painterly effect of the second card with those beautiful flowers and that grounding sentiment. Vicky x
Sarn said…
Two wonderful cards Lynn - and both quite different. Loving the verse on the first card and all the lovely die cutting. Equally loving the inkyness on the second card. xxx
Mervi said…
Gorgeous and lovely cards;-))m
Crafting Queen said…
Two stunning cards. Love them both. Anesha x