Framed Flower Snippets

 


Yesterday I immersed myself in craft and a mission to use some snippets. I had a couple of paper pads with snippets in and I used those to create the flowers using a JND plate die which is ideal for snippets. You can cut so many different flowers in one go. I used both sides of the paper to give a different look. I also used a snippet that was left from embossing for another card to make the white flowers on the first card. Another great plate die is the leaf one from JND and again snippets were used to multi cut.

Below are the first two designs I made but I think the card above is my favourite. I used a PB die from which the packaging gave me the idea to interlink the frames. As it cuts a couple of frames at once I then went on to use up all the left overs in different sizes. 

I also used my new Birthday die again - this time snipping away the circle to leave just the greeting and adding "wishes" from another die.






I'm also happy to say I managed to use a flower die by Chloe that is NBUS as is the JND flower die plate. I purchased this die after seeing it used by a fellow DT teamie but hadn't realise how creative she had been in using it as shown!

As for using up snippets - only managed a few small pieces of paper - but I didn't create any new snippets - phew! 


I'm linking up with NBUS challenge (JND flower dies and Chloe dies) and Snippets Playground challenge (everything is a snippet!).

Comments

Sarn said…
Oh my goodness me you've been busy and made this really beautiful trio of flowery loveliness. It looks like you've used up LOADS of snippets into the bargain - and you didn't make any more snippets, so that's a win-win!

Love all of the cards you've shown, but am primarily commenting on the one you entered as homework to the Snippets Playground . . . and I adore it.

You definitely deserve a rest in the hammock after all that die cutting and sticking. I'll bring you a nice glass of gin over too! xxx

brenda said…
Two really beautiful floral creations Lynn.

B x
Wow these are gorgeous Lynn. Beautifully designed and so pretty too.
Lorraine
Sweet, elegant and delicate cards, Lynn! Really love all the designs you created with your snippets!!!
Hugs
Pat said…
What fabulous snippety makes Lynn and I love the dies you used for the backgrounds, especially the PB open frames on the second and third, and a wonderful array of different shaped flowers in beautiful coordinating colours, also great sentiment dies and the flower shape as the background card on the first looks great. Thank you for joining us again over at the NBUS Challenge this time. x
HilaryJane said…
These are all fabulous Lynn, I love those flowers and frames. You have put them all together so cleverly too and well done for using up those snippets and for not creating any new ones. I think the first one is my favourite too xx
Absolutely gorgeous cards Lynn, love the frame die and so many cut flowers, good for you, so much patience to do it. Love the colours on each card too.
Faith x
KarinsArtScrap said…
these are gorgeous and elegant cards Lynn

gr karin
Di said…
Just fabulous Lynn! I love ALL of your makes here but your snippets card caught my eye the most. Isn't that PB frame die set brilliant?! I need to do some open frames like you now - I think yours are better than on the packaging to be honest!

Hugs

Di xx
Pauline C said…
Wow Lynn these are stunning … absolutely love the arrangements of flowers juxtaposed with the frames ..noerfect !
Pauline xx
Vicky Hayes said…
I am really blown away by these beauties Lynn, especially the shaped card at the top. I love those delicate colours with the touches of gold. Those plate dies look brilliant for using up snippets - loads of flowers in a single pass through the die cutter is my dream!! Thank you for your get well wishes - they are much appreciated! Hugs, Vicky x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Such gorgeous work Hilary while I have been away.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Opps sorry I meant Lynn.🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx