Snippet embelishments

 


I got this Birthday die the other day after seeing it on a blog. It's by Memory Box but I think I got the only one left in the UK! As soon as I saw it I just knew it would be so useful and I haven't stopped using it since it arrived.

For this card I used some preprinted cards I have had for years that I am trying to use up and donate. All this needed was the circle die and some butterflies - all cut from snippets of card. One of the great things about this die is that the "dot" above the "i" stays in the waste and it's the perfect tool to place over and pop it onto the card.

I had a few more of the cards so more snippets used to decorate on these as well.



They've all gone now - another item used up - many more to go!!!

I'm popping over to the snippets playground to see if there are any cocktails on the go, there's been a few since Sarn joined forces with Di.

Comments

Sarn said…
Hi Lynn . . . you're in luck. It just so happens that I'm skulking around behind the bike sheds where I've set up a table with a pitcher (or two) of SaRngria. Now that you've handed in your homework, come and find me (and the usual suspects) for a Sundowner!

LOVE this trio of snippety cards AND you've used up some older pre-printed cards into the bargain. Congrats.

Your new birthday circle die looks fab, but fancy showing that to us and none to be found anywhere! Good job I've got a glass of SaRngria, or I'd sulk! xxx
Di said…
WHAT?! You bought the last one in the UK - how very, very DARE you! Yous card really is beautiful - wonderful colour combo as well. A bit like watermelon with a flash of gold :)

Hugs

Di xx
HilaryJane said…
Great cards, brilliant use of your snippets. I love how easy it is to create cards with die cuts. I always get very annoyed with stray dots from words. they have a habit of disappearing into thin air then turning up when I have decided to use something else instead! xx
That Birthday die is fabulous, such a shame this is the last one in UK. In Italy there isn't for sure (as a lot of other pretty items! )
Well done with your snippets and preprinted cards! The gold Art Nouveau diecut in the last one is just amazing!!!
Hugs
LesleyG said…
Love how you made those card blanks even more beautiful, and thanks for the heads up on the Sarngria, see you up the treehouse for a pitcher or two! Xxx
Carol L said…
Oh, that truly is a gorgeous die and how fortunate of you to buy the last one in the UK! LOL A beautiful trio of cards and a great snippets make too! Beautiful!
Go on make us all want that die! Love all your cards Lynne.
Faith x