Hot colours and passion

 



Here are the two cards for the mid month reminder I am on the DT for at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations.

My first card is for the theme Summer Flowers at Stamping Sensations challenge.

I've had this Uniko Passiflora stamp set for a while and this was the perfect opportunity to use it. I do love passionflowers. I tried to take a cutting from this plant in a friends garden a few years ago but it never took.

I used this variety as my guide and could not get the colour I wanted onto white card. Eventually I found a snippet of cream pearl paper that worked. I sprayed the leaf stamp with water before using to give a textured effect. The background trellis is part of a much larger TL die.

Finally I add a little hummingbird by Concord and 9th which is one of my latest buys. 

My second card is for We Love Stamping  challenge with the theme of Anything stamped/option hot sunny colours.

I used a Lavinia stencil to create a hot sunny background for the feather stamp which is also from Lavinia. I then mounted onto a scalloped edge card and added some doodling around the edges with a few pearl drops.

Comments

brenda said…
I've been wondering what the Passiflora stamp was, it's really stunning and the second card very effective against the stencilling.

We had a really beautiful Passiflora along a fence, had to be chopped for an extension and the new one we plated never thrived in the same way.

B x
Liz said…
Two wonderful cards. I especially love the passionflowers. xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous cards Lynn fab flowerstamps

Gr Karin
Two very lovely floral cards Lynn, I especially love the Passion flower one.
Lorraine
Pauline C said…
Gorgeous cards Lynn .. fab composition on the first one with the passionflowers,trellis and hummingbird; and I love the zingy colours on the second one
Pauline xx
HilaryJane said…
These are both fabulous, I love them, such wonderful colours xx
Wow!! These two cards are both just wonderful, Lynn!
Your passiflora stamps looks amazing with the paperpieced centres, such great dimensions! The trellis on the back and the hummingbird compliment them perfectly!
Passiflora grows wildly around my house, it makes orange passion fruits, than they fall down and -as they are full of seeds- new plants grow... It's an invasive plant but so beautiful! You could try to plant seeds in a sunny place near a wall or a trellis. If you don't find the seed, I could send you some.
The feather card is amazing!! Love so much the hot sunny colours you used with the stencil!
Hugs, have a lovely week!
Crafting Queen said…
Two stunning cards. Love the passion flower one, just bough a set of dies to make these flowers but not tried it. Hugs Anesha x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two really gorgeous creations Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Mervi said…
Fabulous florals, both beautiful cards;-))m
Dena J said…
Wow! Gorgeous work with the passion flowers! I came to comment on the Allsorts card but my eye caught this. I have a passion clematis in the yard - no flowers yet this year, but they are stunning like your card :-)