Summer


Our new theme at Allsorts challenge is Summer, chosen by Brenda. She would like to see anything connected with Summer - flowers, sunshine, beaches etc.

I've gone with summer flowers and chosen an Iris digi from our patron Ruth Hamilton Design. I found an off cut of this bright paper and thought it said summer, so I used it as a background and for the sentiment. I coloured the image with watercolours and I also softly stenciled around the Iris design with bundled sage DI.

This is another card I made with almost the same design, but this time using cosmic shimmer paints to colour the image and a Lisa Horton Embossing folder background.


2 prizes this time. A Stampendous stamp set from Oakwood Direct and 3 images from Ruth Hamilton Design

Comments

Sarn said…
Love both cards but the one with that lovely LH embossing folder just pips it for me! Happy Saturday! xxx
Mervi said…
Both cards are fabulous.
Happy weekend;-))m
Vicky Hayes said…
Gorgeous cards Lynn! The top one with those lovely bright colours really says summer to me! Vicky x
coldwaters2 said…
Two beautiful cards Lynn I love Iris's the colors are so true to real life it takes me back to my childhood and my mums garden she used to grow these flowers
hugs
lolo x
HilaryJane said…
Fabulous, love that first one a lot. Irises are one of my very favourite flowers and the purple and yellows look amazing together xx
Pauline C said…
2 gorgeous cards Lynn - beautiful colouring and fab stencil work ... and the paper on the first one is perfect for summer.
Pauline xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two gorgeous creations, both very different but equally lovely.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Both the cards are so pretty Lynn, love especially the first one, so Summery with that bright striped paper!!
Have a lovely Sunday!
brenda said…
Purple/lilac and yellow look so good together Lynn.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
2 beautiful cards Lynn

gr karin
Ellibelle said…
Two beautiful cards Lynn! I am especially loving the first with the gorgeous shades of yellow.
Two gorgeous cards, I love the bright summery colours on the first one.
Lorraine
Liz said…
Two lovely cards, Lynn. My favourite is the first one with all the summery colours. xx
Ruth said…
Beautiful cards! I love how you've coloured the Iris on both cards! xx