Butterfly kisses

 


My card today was made using a square gelli plate - you don't need to buy a round one! I used inks and brushos to create the background on the plate and then cut it out with a round debossed die. I used a Penny Black butterfly stamp and heat embossed with some sparkly clear powder, but it's not showing too well in the photo.


The sentiment is from a butterfly set by Christina Griffiths. I also lightly stencilled over the background and the background of the card base.

I'd like to enter into these challenges
Crafty Calendar Challenge - anything goes

AAA Birthday challenge I went with the colours of the wool




Comments

Aquarius said…
A great background which shows off the butterfly to perfection. What an excellent idea to use a die to make it into a circle, certainly saves buying different Gelli plates to vary designs
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is really gorgeous Lynn. I adore the background and I have a soft spot for butterflies.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
Pauline C said…
Another beautiful card Lynn … fab gel plate background, and the butterfly looks fab on there. May I ask what inks you used with your brushos? I’ve never really got a grip of my gel plate, mostly trying with distress oxides.
Pauline x
HilaryJane said…
I have never thought to use brushos on my gel plate, what a great idea as they work a treat. Love it xx
Love, love, love this card, amazing background, butterfly and design!!!
Jane said…
Absolutely stunning! Your use of the wool colours is so beautiful. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
SarahR said…
Oh wow what a fabulous background and a lovely card! Just stunning! Thanks for joining in with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Sarah - DT