Live your dreams ...

 


Our theme this week at Allsorts challenge is Wings and Tails as chosen by our DT host Ellie.

I've gone with Butterfly wings for my DT card. I used a Penny Black one embossed over a stencilled background. You might recall seeing me use this stencil here. This time I used the ink left on the stencil, spritzed it and then placed over the original stencilling to get the two tone look.

I added a sentiment from CC and some white gesso splats. I used some kraft type card to mount the whole thing onto.


We have two prizes this week. AALL and Create A5 stamp set Follow your own Path


AALL and Create a place where creativity goes hand in hand with sharing, swapping ideas and friendliness!  There's something for everyone: scrapbooking, card making, art journals or mixed media... something to satisfy your every desire!


and 3 images from Ruth Hamilton Design.

Comments

brenda said…
That stencil is so effective Lynn, looks so dimensional, yet flat and a fav PB Butterfly.

B x
Amazing look for this card, love that big butterfly and the double stencilled background! Fabulous palette!!
Hugs!
Ellibelle said…
I am so loving how this turned out and always enjoy seeing anything using Penny Black stamps. I can't believe I don't already own this gorgeous butterfly!! Your background turned out so beautifully too and really loving the blue and brown color combo!
Sarn said…
OMG - I TOTALLY LOVE this card!
Super butterfly on top of that amazing background. Right up my street!
Happy Saturday! Still doing a happy dance about my Allsorts win along with Di! Thanks so much xxx
Mervi said…
Stunning butterfly card, love the background and colours;-))m
KraftyKoolKat said…
Such a gorgeous background Lynn and an awesome butterfly.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
HilaryJane said…
Your butterfly looks wonderful against that background. I love it and the colours xx
Dena J said…
Gorgeous butterfly, but your background is spectacular!
Wendy L said…
This is so gorgeous, great inking, x
Pauline C said…
Brilliant stencilled background Lynn which perfectly complements that awesome butterfly stamp ... and the colour scheme gives it a wonderful vintage vibe.
Pauline xx
Liz said…
Wonderful card Lynn, a beautiful background for your lovely butterfly. xx
A fabulous large stamp and I love the mixed media design and splatters.
Lorraine
WOW! This is a gorgeous card Lynn, a beautiful stamp and background.
Faith x
What a stunning card - love your colour palette, and how you have used the stencil in the background. A wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine
Lisa said…
What an incredibly beautiful butterfly. Great color combination on this card.