Christmas snippets

 


I know - bit early to be back to Christmas cards but for some reason I seem to be on a roll with them at the moment.

I wanted to make a special card for a fellow crafter who is into crochet. I love this die by CC which comes with knitting needles and a crochet hook. I always save snippets of red and green card in a separate bag as they are so useful for berries and leaves. Luckily I did have a larger piece which I managed to cut the balls of wool from too. 

They balls of wool are a standalone but I didn't like the background paper peeking through so I cut some further circles to back them. I used a spellbinder bauble die for the hanging part and then part of a crochet hook for the hanger. These were cut from a snippet of mirri card.

Finally I used a Sizzix die set for the glove and hat, again using the same pieces of card as before. This photo was taken before I did that, but you get the idea. You can see where I cut the leaves and berries too.


Of course this card is for the Snippets Playground and the fabulous challenge #445 to Show Us Your Snippets.

Comments

Sarn said…
A perfect Snippets Christmas card for anyone who crochets or knits!

Thanks for submitting homework to the Snippets Playground. We have some celebratory G&Ts, Gin Fizzes etc up in the Treehouse should you be feeling a little decadent! Or perhaps you still need a Lemsip Gin Fizz???? LOL! xxx
brenda said…
Super idea and go with the flow Lynn, they always come in useful with we may have other things to do come that time of year.
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
This is great, what a clever idea. I have big pile of red and green circles that would be ideal for this. thanks for the inspiration. I need to get making Christmas cards soon in order to avoid the last minute stress that I suffered last year! xx
You have a striking die, love the idea of the balls of wool and the crochet hook for the hanger! The hat and glove are so cute!!! Perfect card for a crochet lover!
LesleyG said…
Fabulous card, love the balls of wool, and the crochet hooks, and the little details, hat, glove etc, great snippets creation xxx
Aquarius said…
A great card for a knitter or crochet enthusiast - ingenious way you used the dies with others to obtain the results you wanted, clever!
Di said…
What a great snippets card Lynn! I love it and so perfect for a 'wool crafter'. Love the zingy colours too!

Hugs

Di xx
I have this die too Lynn and you have created a fabulous Christmas card with it.
Lorraine
Pauline C said…
Brilliant Christmas card idea for a knitter and perfectly executed ... absolutely love the originality of this!!
Pauline xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Sorry Lynn, I thought I had commented on this gorgeous card. No time is too soon for Christmas cards, if you are anything like me you need loads.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx