Sparkling




A little mid month reminder for the monthly challenges where I am on the DT.

My first card is for the theme at We Love Stamping of Favourite Colours. I used an Indigo Blu stamps set that came with a magazine and hasn't seen ink before. The background uses my fave colours of purples/blues and is on a plastic coated cardstock. So I decided to stamp and emboss the image and then add some jewels. The frame is an old spellbinder die and is cut from some packaging that I saved because I loved the colour.
I'm also entering this first card into AAA Birthday challenge.


and as my stamp set is unused I'm popping over to the NBUS challenge to link up there too.

My second card is for Stamping Sensations where the theme is ****Add some Sparkle****

My sparkle comes from a sheet of glitter adhesive which I bought so many years ago and has been lying forgotten. I simply added it over the stamping and the colour comes from that as it is yellow. I used a stencil on the background and another AAL & Create stamp with a sentiment from Paper smooches.



Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards you have made Lynn

gr karin
brenda said…
Two very different but equally pretty cards Lyn, that's a great magazine freebie stamp.

B x
I have too that Indigo Blu stamps set and love it. You used the silhouette so well on the delicate background and the gorgeous frame is a perfect match!
The second card looks so striking and the sparkling bring the flower to life!
Pauline C said…
2 brilliant cards Lynn .. love the soft background against the dramatic silhouette stamp on your first one … I actually bought that stamp set from a craft destash site I loved it so much!! Your 2nd card is very elegant .. that stamp is on my wish list .. and Thankyou for reminding me about the glitter adhesive sheet technique, as I’m sure I have some and you have inspired me to dig it out!
Pauline xx
Mrs.B said…
Two lovely cards Lynn, I've got that IB freebie stamp and like you it's never been inked! must put that right.
Love the floral card, the fresh citrus colours look fabulous.
Avril xx
Such very lovely cards, the first feminine and beautiful and the second is so different and very lovely. Love them.
Faith x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two really gorgeous creations Lynn, love them both but the first one is my favourite.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Mervi said…
Fabulous and lovely cards;-))m
HilaryJane said…
Love that stamp on your first card, well done for getting it inked. Love the grunginess of the second and I bet the sparkle really makes it special xx
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards and love the stamps
carol x
Fiona said…
lovely cards Lynn, I do love the silhouette stamp, it's fab!

Fi
x
Cardsbymaaike said…
Great mixed media like cards. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Cards Challenges.
Liz said…
Two lovely cards, Lynn. I especially love the first one with the silhouette. I have this stamp somewhere but haven't used it for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration to find it and use it again. xx
Darnell said…
These are both beautiful, Lynn! I love the way you smattered the jewels on your first design. Without the word, wouldn't that be a cool blog header? And your yellow floral design with the numbers and text background is great, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
Kate said…
Two lovely and very different cards! I have that Indigo Blue set too (also from the magazine) and I love how you've placed gems in her hair! The colours and texture of the second are fabulous - the sparkle must look even better in real life!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!
Ellibelle said…
Both are so beautifully designed, I especially love that gorgeous image on the first card.
Two so different, but lovely cards!
Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday Card Challenge - Pioniya, DT
papiershades said…
Beautiful set of cards :) Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)