Inspired by a book

 


Recently a visitor to my blog noticed I liked books and let me know about this challenge Once Upon A Time Challenge. Thanks so much Fiona. The book for inspiration this month is My Heart and this is the cover for inspiration.


I was drawn to the yellow and the little heart and also that it was a girl. In a "tidy up" yesterday I found some forgotten dress blanks and so that was the starting point. I then used a heart embossing folder over a patterned paper that had a similar design with the lattice in the EF. 

I used some lace and heart buttons from my stash and a sentiment cut from a subdued silver to reflect the grey on the book cover.

Comments

Liz said…
A beautiful card Lynn, a really unusual design. xx
brenda said…
Love how you took your inspiration from the pop of yellow on the book cover Lynn and such an unusual shape.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
o this is super cute and very beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
Awww... Adorable and really sweet!! Great take of the inspirational book cover!! Love the embossing and the lace added!
HilaryJane said…
Very clever card, love it xx
Deanne Saunders said…
Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my ONCE UPON A TIME challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is a great unique creation Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Becca Sadler said…
Linby: Hello! Welcome to OUAT! And I think this is the first time I've crossed your path in blogland! Double welcome! Your card/display décor is an awesome interpretation of the book's colors, hearts, and cover character! Brilliantly genius!! Thanks for sharing at OUAT in February! P.S. The March theme/book will be shown tomorrow on March 1st. --Becca/DT