The Weighing of the Heart

 


Our new theme at Allsorts this week is Anything Goes with the optional twist of "All about hearts". I've gone with the hearts theme. 

I have had this Bigz die for so long laying unused and finally got around to using it.  I saw an idea on Pinterest using a scale and hearts, but then had no suitable sentiment. The lovely Faith came up trumps with a few to chose from, and this is the one I have chosen for the OH valentine.

Inspired by many who pre prepare embellishments I took a Sue Wilson die and some other ones and cut out a lot of hearts from different shades of red card in my snippets box. I have lots left over!

I then went on to make some Galentine/Palentine versions. This die has gone from unused to overused lol!



After reading and reviewing a book with the title "The Weighing of the Heart" I became hooked on the phrase.

What is the weighing of the heart?

The ancient Egyptians believed that the heart recorded all of the good and bad deeds of a person's life, and was needed for judgment in the afterlife. After a person died, the heart was weighed against the feather of Maat (goddess of truth and justice).


Obviously I am going over to NBUS challenge to link this make there.

Comments

brenda said…
A very romantic post and a bit of history as well Lynn, despite having been to Egypt several times I never
gleaned that piece of history.

Galentine/Palentine was totally new to me until yesterday but a lovely idea and card.

B x
Aquarius said…
You've certainly gone to town on the hearts with these lovely cards. Great history lesson as well - every day is a school day and there is always something new to learn 😉😉
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards Lynn

gr karin
Pauline C said…
Fantastic cards Lynn, very original and clever combinations of the hearts and scales with those wonderful sentiments, and a great modern look with the colour combo. Brilliant bit of history as well .. you learn something every day 😀
Pauline xx
Ellibelle said…
What a great way to put your unused die to use, the card turned out so fabulously and love the sentiments inside and out. So fun and beautiful!
HilaryJane said…
Such brilliant use of that scale die. Love the different sentiments too xx
Mervi said…
Such a lovely and fabulous card;-))m
A lovely set of cards. You certainly gained plenty of inspiration after making the first card to make several more with this new die - fabulous.
Lorraine
OH! What beautiful cards Lynn, love the theme and sentiments. Super work. AND the history lesson.
Faith x
As my job is teach to kids, I know ancient Egyptian believe about Maat and the heart weigh, but has been nice reading it on your post. :) You have had a brilliant idea using that Sizzix die and all your three cards are so striking!! Very creative and modern valentines!
Hugs
Carol L said…
Loving all these pretty heart cards along with some history I was never aware of. I especially like that sentiment on the first card! Cute!
Vicky Hayes said…
What a great way of using the scales die Lynn! I love the sentiments you've used and that interesting titbit about the ancient Egyptians! Vicky x
Darnell said…
So much to love about this post, Lynn! I must start with the weighing of the heart before I forget. Thank you for putting that tidbit in your post; so interesting! And now to your scale designs ... I think each one is fantastic! It does make you wonder why you never used it before! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell