Trefoil die waste

 


I love this trefoil die but the waste is unbelievable. So the last time I used it I saved the waste. I even found a little empty jar with a divider to put some other die waste into it too. 

I thought by putting the waste into the die, adding glue and turning over this would be a fool proof method of lining the shapes up. It's not perfect but good enough I think. What I didn't realise is that I put one piece in the others would begin popping back out. I usually use some special cling film to do this but thought it was too big an area for that method.

The pattern you can see is the reverse and is some old card from an oriental kit I was using up. With the reverse being the purple.

So I put it all together and trimmed with a die and then added a sentiment, luckily from some snippets of the card I still had. Otherwise cutting into a new piece of card defeated the object of making the card! Still lots of the waste left...

Off to the Snippets Playground with this one.

Comments

brenda said…
What patience Lynn, but a good choice of colours to showcase the design.

B x
Pauline C said…
Very stylish design Lynn and great way to use up your die waste .. sounds like it was very fiddly to produce but the result was well worth it.
Pauline x
You have more patience than me! However, it was certainly worth it and is beautiful Lynn. Lovely mix of colour too.
Faith x
Di said…
A lovely card Lynn - boy, you do have a lot of patience. And saving all those little snippets too! Well worth it for the end result!

Hugs
Di xx
Sarn said…
Wonderful snippets card Lynn.

Thanks for entering this super piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. There’s a G&T available for you in the Treehouse to reward all that patience! Xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
I have a little box full of similar pieces, cut out with an old TH trellis die from a recycled cardboard covered of patterned paper. Your fabulous work made me remember of that box and inspired me to use the pieces! Your technique for gluing the pieces in place is very good. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs
Aquarius said…
Certainly plenty of snippets here - such patience required to put them all in place. Thanks for the handy tip about using the die for placement