Flowers, flowers and butterflies

 


Three makes from me today - hope you make it to the bottom of the post!

A fairly CAS DT card firstly for the weekly challenge at Allsorts. As always you can use the anything goes option or stretch yourself a little and go for the optional theme of Perfect Pastels.

I used a very old PTI stamp set and bravely stamped straight onto the base card. I added a few nuvo drops for some extra interest. The finishing touch a little distress watercolour pencil to "ground" the flowers.


Prizes from OakwoodHighlight CraftsAALL and Create and Craft Stash, these links take you to their individual websites and you can read more about each on our Patrons’ page here.


My DT card for the mid month reminder at We Love Stamping challengeI used Penny Black 30-342 love art and 30-155 blooming garden. I deliberately didn't mask the flowers but stamped in different colours to create some depth. The sentiment is from a Papercraft Society box and I thought it was a little different for Easter.


This DT card is for the mid month reminder at Stamping Sensations challenge. I've used AALL and Create Fluttering Friends and Winged fragments and a PB Butterfly stamp on the black card. The sentiment is from an old Phill Martin magazine and I mounted it onto an offcut from the black panel. 

I cut an aperture using CE noble squares and mounted the black embossed card behind it. I then used the AALL & Create stamps to cover the front of the card using black and aqua. I flicked some aqua and white paint onto the card and finished with a white pen and some raindrops.

Comments

Three wonderful cards Lynn, so different but equal beauty! The last one for SS looks very impressive and magical! The inspiration for WLS calls surely Spring with all those delicate blooms and the beautiful butterfly and just love the elegant CAS for Allsorts!
Hugs, have a lovely weekend!
brenda said…
Not sure how you achieved the multi colour Butterfly but it looks fabulous on black as does the backdrop. Your other two cards are equally pretty.

B x
Aquarius said…
Three varied and pretty cards for the challenges
Pauline C said…
Three fantastic cards Lynn. Love the soft watercolour effect on the first one and the pretty colours on the second. My favourite has to be the third card - amazing detail and love the iridescent colours effect on the focal butterfly.
Pauline xx
Lisa said…
Super image and CAS perfection.
Mrs.B said…
Three fabulous cards Lynn, love the image on the first, so pretty, the multicoloured Stamping on the second is so effective. My favourite has to be the butterfly card. The stamping on black is stunning.
Avril xx
All fabulous and all very different, a lovely post.
Lorraine
Dena J said…
Marvelous!! I love your CAS one-layer card!
Ellibelle said…
Three fabulous creations Lynn. Especially loving your CAS card but all are gorgeous!
Mervi said…
Gorgeous cards, my fave is the one with butterfly;-))m
HilaryJane said…
Love how these are all so different and all equally lovely in their own right. What a great achievement. I think I will choose the first one as my favourite as it appeals to my CAS side xx
Sarah said…
Fabulous cards, that pretty butterfly really caught my eye!
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous selection of cards Lynn,love all the flowers -your last card is amazing love the fabulous background and the beautiful butterfly
Carol x
Liz said…
Three wonderful cards, Lynn. My favourite is the first one, I love the CAS design and the colours are beautiful. xx
Sarn said…
I am LOVING the one-layer CASness of your first card Lynn. Lovely stamping. You’re other two cards are brilliant too and I love how striking and dramatic the third card is xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous and 2 very beautiful cards Lynn

gr karin
KraftyKoolKat said…
Three very gorgeous creations Lynn, I love the butterfly ones.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
Wendy L said…
They are all lovely cards Lynn, but I love the first one, so delicate, xxx
Marina said…
These cards show what a fabulously versatile crafter you are ...all gorgeous. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog a few weeks ago...you mentioned The Library challenge. I'm glad you remember it. I've been thinking of reviving it.