Happy Birthday to you ...

 


A few months ago one of my DT teamies made a card with a banner die and I loved it. However, I thought maybe I could do the same with some snippets and a little clever colouring? This is the result.

I used a plaid background die and added some musical notes.  I didn't have a stamp that would fit "dear" grandson in, so I inserted it by hand and I like it looking a little quirky.

I've made this card for one of the older Grandsons, and so I hope it will be ok for the "card for a man" challenge at Country view challenge blog.

Comments

brenda said…
I remember that card as well Lynn and your take on those dies has worked really well. And yes, think it's perfect for the lads.

B x
Pauline C said…
Fab male card Lynn, I love the combo of the plaid die and the banner wording - and you are right the hand inserted word looks really cool.
Pauline xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a fantastic card Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
Brilliant, I love it and the addition of the dear makes it even better xx
It's a fabulous masculine card, Lynn! Love the palette and the idea of matching the stripes with the plaid diecuts on the back. Lovely addition with the word "dear" too!
Hugs
Craftyfield said…
Love the look of the plaid die! Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!
Corrie Herriman said…
Great card ! Thank you so much for your contribution to our March challenge ‘birthday card for a man’! Corrie x
Monika Gulyas said…
Great design!!! I love the repetition of the birthday text, and the way you placed them diagonally on the card! Thank you for joining the March challenge of the Country View Challenges!