Always believe ...

 


I received this lovely stamp I ordered from Uniko and just had to make something right away. I'm not sure how I missed this beautiful daffodil before.

I used a large tag die which also embosses at the top and bottom. I stamped directly onto the tag and coloured with DI watercolour pencils. Then I added some stencilling as it looked a little too white. I stamped the word daffodil in DI ink as I didn't want to detract from the wonderful sentiment.

Although no colouring showed on the reverse it was a little lightweight and I wanted to gift the tag. So I backed with some stronger patterned card and added a little gingham ribbon.


I loved how this turned out. I might make another one for myself to keep.

I'm entering this tag into the following challenges:-

Path of Positivity - optional literature link I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud by Wordsworth

Triple B - Blooms, Butterflies, Birds  I went with Blooms

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful tag Lynn

gr karin
How sweet!! That Uniko daffodil surely deserves to be shown and love how you matched it with the delicate stencilled background! Love so much the embossed details on the top and bottom, they finish the tag so well, as the back side!
Aquarius said…
Lovely daffodil stamp, beautifully coloured. This would make a good bookmark. For some unknown reason one of your two recent comments (for which thanks) went into spam and the other was in the usual awaiting moderation - no fathoming out the way Blogger works is there 🙄🙄
brenda said…
Do love a Daffodil Lynn, so bright and cheery and the idea to add the backing makes it pretty to coordinate both sides.

B x
Chris said…
Gorgeous tag, I do love daffodils! I would definitely use this as a bookmark.
x
ScrappyHorses said…
So beautiful and full of hope for the day! Gorgeous background and colors! Poetry is always a wonderful place to go for artistic inspiration! So happy you shared at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is so gorgeous Lynn, it would be such a shame to throw this away once the gift was opened.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Sarn said…
What a lovely Springtime tag. Very cheerful indeed. Pretty die for your tag too. xxx
HilaryJane said…
I love how it turned out too. A very special tag xx
Pauline C said…
Beautiful tag Lynn, very cheerful and spring like. I have this Uniko set and do think their spring flowers are all fab, plus a great sentiment too.
Pauline xx
Diane said…
It's a beautiful tag and stamp, I can see why you had to have it, Daffodils are my favorite Spring flower, I used to have 34 varieties in my gardens!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}