Aperture die cutting

 


This card uses a technique that is very popular at the moment, mainly due to Ann Melvin on YouTube. Just search for her channel Positively Papercraft.

I don't have the die to make this effect, but I do have an Altenew set of small dies that I used to cut each of the apertures. I then stamped and embossed this PB stamp on both the background card and the aperture card, lined them up - and that's it!

I've now bought some dies to do some of the other techniques which just arrived, so you will be seeing more of this!

I'm entering my card into the Crafty Calendar challenge for "use die cuts" and Sweet Stampin' which is also use die cuts.

Comments

Aquarius said…
How very resourceful of you to use this way of getting around the fact that you had no suitable lattice style die to do this technique. It works really well the way you've done it. Look forward to seeing what images you choose to use with your new dies.
Pauline C said…
Ooh love this Lynn, I haven’t come across this technique, it looks really stylish
Pauline xx
Chris said…
What a clever way of using your dies - it's so effective and the finished card is beautiful.
So pleased you chose to join us at Crafty Calendar and it would also be a perfect entry for our current challenge at Sweet Stampin' should you wish to link up!
xx
brenda said…
Not seen anything like it before Lynn but want to try it out now, love the effect and the minimal colours.

B x
Sarn said…
BRILLIANT!
You managed without the special die, but I bet it's easier with it!xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful and great Lynn
gr karin
Liz said…
Great CAS card Lynn. I've seen a lot of cards recently using this technique. It's still on my list of techniques to try. Very clever idea to make your own die cut front. xx
Liz said…
Oops, I forgot to say thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Liz xx
Very impressive card Lynn, and also the fact you managed to cut any aperture with different dies is impressive! :) How many patience! I have seen this technique on the Positively Papercraft Yotube channel, but never tried. Thanks for the inspiration!
Pat K said…
Very clever design on this fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x
HilaryJane said…
I saw that too, but unlike you, haven't got around to trying it yet. Your card is great, I love the monotone look and gorgeous flower stamp xx