It's your birthday ...

 


I saw a die to create a similar design to this and thought as it would have limited use I would have a go myself! I know I have been doing a lot of that lately but trust me I have also been buying - an example right here is the frame which is from Clarity and never been used before.

I set out my sentiment dies to ensure they would fit on the black card and then set about cutting them out. I did it all in one go - could have been a brave or stupid move, but turned out ok luckily. I then cut out each of the sentiments from snippets. The fun part was placing them back in. Most were ok but the large die in orange was a bit fiddly with so many infills to do. I could have just stuck them on top of the black card, but infilled looked neater.

I'm entering this card into Crafty Calendar challenge -use die cuts  and The Male Room - stencil and/or dies.


As I used the new Clarity die set I am also entering into NBUS challenge.





Comments

brenda said…
A big part of crafting is about diversification and trying different ways to use our stash and this worked out really well.

B x
Fabulous card and such clever way to don't waste anything! You worked as opposed to how I work... You created the negative specifically and kept the writing for future use. Genius, I have to try :D
Hugs
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a fun and great birthday card Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
It has worked a treat. I am with you on the infilling. I think the end result looks so much better xx
Liz said…
Brilliant card Lynn and a real labour of love inlaying all those little pieces. I agree it's a much nicer finished when they are inlaid. xx
Aquarius said…
This just goes to show we don't always have to rush into buying new crafty stuff. You've been very resourceful here and come up with a great result.
Pauline C said…
Love this idea Lynn - with the bright colours on your infill dies it really pops! Great blend of simplicity and detail - fab!
Pauline xx
Darnell said…
I like the look of in-fills, too, Lynn. It makes for a nice flat card for mailing and the recipient gets a colorful festive card of birthday celebration! It's cool that you were able to cut the sediments all at once. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell
Beautiful and wonderful card, love you in filled the sentiments. Great work Lynn.
Faith x
Also, Thanks for entering our challenge at The Male Room with your lovely card.
Lisa said…
Another great inlaid card with these wonderful die cut sentiments. I am going to need to remember this for a few future cards.
Beverley said…
Great card, the inlaid sentiments look fab in those colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x
Vicki Dutcher said…
Well done using products in multiple ways. This turned out wonderful! Thanks for joking in at TMR