Pamper time and CAS

 



These are the two cards for the mid month reminder for the DTs I am on at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations. We have an anything stamped theme at both challenges with an optional theme also. 

My first card is for We Love Stamping and the option of real birds/animals. I've used a PB stamp for my card and a sentiment from another stamp set. I dug out some Craftwork card papers for this one and those little heart dies which I haven't used for a very long time.

My second card is for Stamping Sensations with the optional theme of CAS. This is a stamp I have had for a number of years and was sent to me by a crafting friend. I admit to not really knowing what to do with it as it was too big for a sentiment for the cards I make. I came across it when I was batch making sentiments. However, I now realise, it is perfect for a CAS card. The one above uses DI watercolour pencils for colouring. I then did a second version using Spectrum Noir metallic markers. Unfortunately they also covered a lot of the detail in the letters but it got approval from the OH!


I'm also entering my CAS Happy Birthday card into the challenges at Sweet Stampin  for CAS and


Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards Lynn, and I see what you did with the heart die, I never did it this way.

gr karin
Pauline C said…
Two great cards Lynn, I especially love your cute pub kitty pampering herself, great layout as well with the little hearts
Pauline xx
Aquarius said…
Always good to have some mid month inspiration - two great cards
Two fabulous cards, love the PB kitty in her curlers, such fun.
Lorraine
brenda said…
The PB Cat is fun and pretty combination of DP's. The CAS card makes a real statement and perfect way to showcase it.

B x
How cute is the inspiration for WLS?! :D LOVE that PB cat! Clever mix of papers and design!
That big sentiment is just perfect for CAS cards, love especially the first one with all the letters details and the cheerful colours!
Have a lovely week
Hugs
Chris said…
Both great cards- love the PB cat, so cute in her lipstick and curlers, pretty papers and layout. The large greeting stamp IS perfect for a CAS card , both versions are lovely.
PS message passed on to Sweet Stampin'- hopefully linky will be sorted quickly.
x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Three gorgeous creations Lynn, the cat one really made me smile.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx
HilaryJane said…
What a fun image on the first card, love your papers too and the little hearts cut from the heart paper. So cute. I am glad that you have now found a way to use that happy birthday stamp. you are right, it makes a brilliant CAS card xx
crafty-stamper said…
Love the fun cute kitty and colourful sentiment
Carol x
Julia Aston said…
Two great designs Linby - love the pampered kitty on the first - such a cute image - and your colorful Happy Birthday is a party in itself! thanks for sharing that one with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx
Chris said…
Just popped back to thank you for linking up to Sweet Stampin' - apologies for the wait!
xx
Mrs.B said…
Lovely cards Lynn, that PB kitty is so cute, love the combo of your patterned papers.
The sentiment makes a great CAS card and quite versatile in different colour combinations.
Avril xx