All flowers today


It's my mid-month reminder for the challenges that I am on the DT at We Love Stamping, where our theme is Anything stamped with the option of In the Garden and at Stamping Sensations where our theme is Anything stamped with the option to Add a Stencil.

As you can see I have gone for flowers on both cards and used a stencil on each. So they actually fit both challenge themes. The first is for We Love Stamping and one of my fave flowers the hydrangea. This is an old SU set and I used a magazine download for the background. Cut out with a Clarity die and coloured with DI water colour pencils. I used a Lavinia stencil in Weathered Wood DI to tone down the background.

The second card for Stamping Sensations was for a friend and her hubby who both love gardening. This Altenew set comes with the perfect sentiments too. I then used a Funky Fossil stencil again to take out some of the white space and added a little butterfly by Lesia Zgharda.

Thanks for looking. Don't forget we have fabulous prizes as always at both challenges. This month from Oakwood Direct and Craft Stash

Comments

Aquarius said…
Very pretty floral cards - that hydrangea stamp rings a bell and I think I might just have it somewhere in my stash 😉
That DP makes the vintage hydrangea stamp just pop, such fabulous card!! Love the poppy card too, you always use so well your stencils to add interest! Great having the perfect sentiment for your friends!
Chris said…
Two beautiful floral cards today, lovely designs and pretty soft stencilling - and you've showcased two of my favourite flowers! a friend gave my some mixed poppy pods last year-they are just coming up now- can't wait to see what colours they are, hoping I'll get some of the giant pink ones!
xx
Mervi said…
Gorgeous flower cards Lynn;-))m
Donna Ellis said…
Linby, your backgrounds are just perfect for the lovely flowers! I always forget to use stencils. Whenever I DO remember, I'm always happy with the finished product. Maybe my brain will remember at times in the future if I keep seeing how pretty stenciled cards are with the pale enhancements. Oh so beautiful!
hugs,
de
Sarn said…
Love both of these floral cards Lynn. So different but both so lovely xxx
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards and stamps-love the delicate stencilling.
Carol x
brenda said…
Two beauties Lynn.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
the cards are beautiful Lynn

gr karin
One of my favourite flowers are hydrangeas and this card shows them off so beautifully Lynn. I love the background showing the stamp off. Your poppy card is really lovely, I like the stencilling on it, it adds a little something to make it special.
Faith x
Mrs.B said…
Two lovely cards Lynn, and the stencilled backgrounds really add to the designs.
Avril xx
Lisa said…
Gorgeous image and fantastic coloring.
HilaryJane said…
I love hydrangeas too, so the first card really attracts me, love that square diecut too, but, of course, I love the CAS look of your second card. What a beautiful poppy. I can't choose xx
pinky said…
They are both so beautiful Lynn but the first is extra special!