April showers ...

 



Our new challenge at Allsorts this week has the optional theme of "April showers bring May flowers" but you can also link up any project.

I decided to use a stamp set I won in the snippets playground for my DT makes. Each coloured with DI watercolour pencils. I used some watercolour effect printed papers for each card and then just stamped and die cut the flowers, leaves etc. 

On the first card I used a sentiment stamp set that was with a magazine years ago, and only comes out once a year lol! But perfect for this theme.

My second card uses another one of the dies from my new Chloe set as seen yesterday!

Also entering my first card into Ellie's challenge I Spy With My Little Eye .... April Showers or May Flowers

It's Allsorts 14th birthday in a few weeks time. Look out for the special prizes we will have on offer. In the meantime here are the prizes for rest of May.

Prizes from WOWVOWOakwood Direct and Craft Stash

It's the Coronation of King Charles III here in the UK today. Here's the celebration decoration on the front of the Council House in my home city. It lights up at night. I do love a crown!



Comments

brenda said…
Not sure if my last comment posted, strange blogger message.

Clearly you had plenty of April showers to produce such beautiful May blooms Lynn, bot card are lovely.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards Lynn

gr karin
Mervi said…
Both beautiful and lovely cards;-))m
Aquarius said…
Pretty floral cards - think I probably have the same sentiment stamps which may get an airing later
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards and love the stamps-love the font on the first sentiment
Carol x
Pauline C said…
Beautiful cards Lynn … very pretty and great sentiments!
Pauline xx
Chris said…
Two beautiful cards Lynne, the rose stamp is gorgeous, love the soft effect of the water colouring.
That crown decoration is very impressive- must be visible for miles when it's lit up!
xx
Lisa said…
Very lovely flowers and beautiful card.
Lovely card Lynn, beautiful colouring! Sadly we haven't had any rain in April! Please, send here a little of yours LOL :D
Sarah said…
These are really pretty. Love the soft colours x
Sarn said…
Two gorgeous floral cards.
Great picture of your council's tribute to the King xxx
A beautiful set of cards.
Lorraine
HilaryJane said…
How amazing that you had exactly the right sentiment for this challenge. Two really pretty cards xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Such a gorgeous couple of cards Lynn. Love your decoration on your council offices, thank you for sharing.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Liz said…
Two beautiful cards, Lynn. xx
Ellibelle said…
Two beautifully done cards Lynn. Congrats on winning that gorgeous stamp!!
Ellibelle said…
I'm back again, so great to see your beautiful card linked up at I spy with my little eye!! Many thanks for joining in!
Di said…
Gorgeous cards Lynn! Delighted to see you using your last Snippets prize. The one you just won is packed and booked for collection tomorrow - 1st Class. Will try to remember to email you to let you know when the postman has picked it up from here!

Hugs
Di xx
Pauline C said…
Me back again ... would also lie to thank you for joining in with Ellie's I Spy With My Little Eye challenge this month
Pauline xx
Carol L said…
Those flowers are so pretty with the way you colored them, and I really like that little bumble bee too!
Karen C said…
Happy Birthday Allsorts!! Lovely card! That bee is so fun and love those roses!!
Hugs,
Karen C