Coverplate or not?




I saw Jennifer McGuire use a fauna coverplate die and that set this train of thought in motion. I've used the JND leaf die plate which is not really intended to be used like this - but I thought it would be doable.

Another part of the JM idea was she used a large pattered stamp to emboss over each of the die cuts as she had raised them up from the background. As mine were inlaid I decided to do that to the piece of card before I cut them out. Then I had a decorated background and leaves. Is this making any sense? Hopefully you can see from the photos the idea.

As you can probably tell once I got started I had an idea to put the negative into that, cut a frame from this and so on. Here's part of my workings below.


I also cut the leaves in three shades of green which means I haven't used them all. So I still had the original idea to use... I will be back as it's too much for one post.

Thanks for staying the course and I am now popping over to the Snippets Playground to share my homework. I'm also super pleased to be able to say I was a lucky winner over there last week. Once I get my prize I have an idea already to share!



Comments

Great way to haven't leftovers, love how you used your coverplate! Three beautiful cards and love especially the first one!
What clever ways to use the die Lynn. Love your selection of colours and each card, which do I prefer? All of them!
Faith x
Aquarius said…
Great fun to be had trying out various ways of achieving results seen in videos. Look forward to seeing what you make with your lucky prize win from the Playground.
Chris said…
It's always good to learn new techniques, I think the best bit is adapting what we have seen and learnt to make use of the stash we already have and incorporate our own ideas into the process. These cards are beautiful and unique.
xx
Sarn said…
A lovely trio of cards Lynn.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. If you make your usual entrance I’ll bring you a nice cup of tea (or something stronger if you prefer!) xxx
Ellibelle said…
The cards are so beautiful and each one so creatively done!
brenda said…
I can see this technique really grabbed your interest Lynn, three cards but all different.

B x
Di said…
What a lovely trio of cards Lynn - clever technique as well!

Hugs
Di xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
wow these are gorgeous Lynn love the first one and great idea

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
Congrats at winning at snippets playground and I am so impressed with these cards too. Well done xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Three gorgeous creations, love them all Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx