Positive thoughts


Two simlar cards from me today using some more of my prize from the Snippets Playground. I've already done my homework for the current challenge though so these are extras. 

I used a piece of card I had put various nail varnishes over and used the inset die to cut out from the black card. I then reinserted the pieces. I then used the waste to stencil over the background and then added the sentiment and some little dots I found in The Works at the weekend.

I'm entering this card into the Time Out challenge - inspired by words




My second card uses the left over die cut - again to stencil the background and then to reinsert some of the black from the first card too.I used a bauble die to cut out the sentiment and trimmed it down a little. More dots as before!
 



I'm entering this card into the Path of Positivity Challenge.


Comments

Chris said…
Very striking designs Lynn, - a lot of patience needed to pop all the pieces back in the die cut but very effective. xx
Pauline C said…
Love these Lynn, very funky and effective, and a gorgeous colour scheme.
Pauline xx
crafty-stamper said…
Both great cards love the varnished colours and dies,love the sentiments and a lot of patience slotting the little pieces back in too.
Carol x
ScrappyHorses said…
Both cards are such beautiful designs and colors! Perfect quote and piecing on the 2nd card! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina
brenda said…
Patience indeed Lynn but so colourful and effective.

B x
Nail varnishes? I didn't know this technique, how fun to try! :D Thanks for the inspiration! Love both the versions and especially the first one with the inlaid pieces and the matching sentiment!
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a beautiful and lovely card Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
That is one of my favourite techniques. Love the effect on both these cards xx
Liz said…
Fabulous cards, Lynn and a real labour of love popping all those little pieces back in. xx
LesleyG said…
Wow, fabulous cards, great techniques, (wishing I had nail varnish now 😂), great colours and a lot of patience! Like how you put the black pieces in, makes it really striking xxx
Aquarius said…
Very colourful and you've done well using all the little pieces to infill. Looks as if you've used every scrap from the die cutting. Unusual to see nail varnish being used for colouring, wouldn't have thought of that.
Clever and artsy way to portray rainbow and wonderful positive sentiments! Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out Challenge:)
Vicky Hayes said…
Lovely bright cards Lynn. Glad to see you putting your prize to such good use! Vicky x
Sarn said…
Love these 2 striking cards Lynn. Always good to see a positive message too! xxx
Wonderful and so much work on these beautiful and colourful cards Lynn.
Faith x
Gerrina said…
What a great way to use rainbow colours! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!
Suze said…
Lovely card Linby. Thank you for entering the Inspired by Nature Challenge at Path of Positivity.