A fancy die cut

 



It's Sarah's turn to host the Allsorts challenge this week. She's chosen the theme of "use die cuts" or you can use the anything goes option.

I would never normally have bought this die as it was very expensive for limited use. However, it was in a Sizzix sale last year for a really silly price, and so I thought why not!

My first card was made by cutting and placing the waste back in from a red and green piece of card. I left some of the areas for the white card to show through. I still have all the other waste - and hopefully it will make it onto another card. It looked a little bare so I added a TL die mat behind. A greeting was tricky but I felt the die cut birthday worked.

My second card I just cut the die and then ran it through some card to emboss also. Then I used cosmic shimmer paints on the embossed card as a guide, adding some more colour through the diecut when it was in place over the top. This time I used a sentiment die which I had to cut several times to build up so it showed up against the background. Then I added the stamped the birthday greeting.




Comments

Aquarius said…
Gosh, that is an elaborate die but you've done well infilling the 'waste'. Nothing is really 'waste' in the crafty world is it 🤣
Sarn said…
Wholehearted agree with Aquarius's comment above!
Love both of the cards. Neat die cutting xxx
Wendy L said…
They look great Lyn very intricate, xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards so colorful Lunn

gr karin
brenda said…
Really striking use of colours and die Lynn.

B x
Ellibelle said…
Both are absolutely beautiful! What a fabulous way to use the "waste" pieces! It's a stunning die!
OH! What patience you have! Fabulous dies and cards Lynn. Lovely work on each.
Faith x
Mervi said…
Fabulous and clever cards;-))m
Chris said…
It's a very intricate die- I love how you've used two different techniques to create your lovely cards.
xx
HilaryJane said…
Both are really pretty and very different. Well done for finding that gorgeous die at a bargain price. That always feels good. I can see why you were drawn to it xx
Liz said…
Wonderful cards Lynn, that must have taken ages to fill in all those little pieces. xx
You have been so busy to make two cards with this intricate die, Lynn! The inlay in the first one must have taken you ages, but the result is so dramatic and impressive!
Love the more soft one too, I can image the shimmering IRL and the frame adds sweetness!
Pauline C said…
Wow Lynn this is so elaborate and really must have taken a lot of work, particularly the first one!! I’m sure I would have ended up confused by all the little infil bits and not managed to comp,ste the jigsaw!! Well worth it though as the results are really fabulous
Pauline xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
Wow!! Lynn what intricate work filling in all the different colours in these die-cut cards.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Sarah said…
These really are incredible!! Beautifully done and so different x