CAS and Around the World

 





These are the two cards for the new monthly challenges for the DTs I am on at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations. We have an anything goes that is stamped policy at both challenges with optional themes as described below.

My first card is for We Love Stamping using the CAS option. I used DI inks on a square stamping block and spritzed them. Stamping each time onto the card. I used a stitch effect die to frame the squares and then added stamps from a very old SU set. I placed it on a black card base and felt for the CAS theme it needed no more.


 

2 prizes from Oakwood, essentials collection (trimmer, scissors, tweezers, cutting blade and glue rollers) and a House Mouse stamp.

My second card is for Stamping Sensations with the optional theme of Around the World. I bought this stamp preloved a few years ago and never used it before. It is a huge stamp and so takes a card base all by itself. I used various vintage tones of DI to colour and then added a little bit of stencilling with a TH argyle pattern. I had a piece of card that was left over from another inky make. As the originally inking only covered half the piece I used the same inks and stencil on it and then cut a circle, which I think makes for an interesting pattern and doesn't look too out of place on this card. Finally I added a CI freebie stamp "around the world" to the centre of the card.

  
  

We have two prizes, Rare Earth A4 stamp sets Cities and Tonic lattice die.



Comments

brenda said…
Both perfect for the respective themes Lynn, lots of options to travel to on the second.

B x
Liz said…
Two fabulous cards, Lynn. xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
2 fantastic and great cards Lynn

gr karin
Pauline C said…
Two beautiful cardsLynn, love the DI inking and the stamps you have used
Pauline xx
crafty-stamper said…
Two beautiful cards love the large Around The World stamp
Carol x
KraftyKoolKat said…
Two sensational cards Lynn, love them both but the second one is my favourite.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Ellibelle said…
Two beautifully done cards Lynn. I think I have the same large background stamp (or very similar). Mine is from a company called Just for Fun rubber stamps but I think they are no longer in business.
Mervi said…
Both fabulous and unique cards;-))m
A very impressive and inspiring CAS, Lynn! Love so much the design and the contrast of black on blue&green!
The vintage tones are just perfect for the second one and love all the construction of stamps and the circle with the sentiment!
HilaryJane said…
Two very different and yet equally lovely cards. Love your 4 backgrounds on the first one and the lovely vintage feel on the second xx
Fiona said…
fab cards Lynn, big stamps scare me but you have made this one look easy...its gorgeous!

Fi
x
crafty-stamper said…
Just read your comment about the size of the flying cards-the seagull one is taller than the finch one otherwise the same really.
Carol x
Sarah said…
What striking cards!
Mrs.B said…
Two fabulous cards Lynn, love the vintage feel to this one, such a great image.
Avril xx
WOWZER Lynn, what fabulous cards. Super design on the first with the black and blue, and I love the stamp images on your second. Love the background too.
Faith x
Lisa said…
CAS perfection on this wonderful card. Love the images and the watercolor feel you added to the images.