Christmas all over

 



I found a challenge new to me Lift challenge which I am entering with this first card.

After I did two inlaid Happy Birthday cards a few months ago, I had an idea to make a Christmas one. So when I saw that the challenge at Lift was just this thing I decided to make my card now.

I used various Christmas dies and cut them from tartan paper at an angle. I then cut my green background and cut the dies again and then inlaid the tartan ones. I then cut a frame using a Lisa Horton set.

I then had the positives left over from the green card and this is what I did with them.



Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Both great cards and love the inlaid technique -plus two cards -love the frame too.
Carol x
Liz said…
Two super cards, Lynn. xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
2 beautiful cards Lynn

gr karin
Aquarius said…
Tartan always works well for Christmas and what a good idea to use the 'leftovers' straight away rather than adding them to the snippets pile 😀
I remember the inlaid Birthday cards you made, and also this ones looks great! Love also so much the second one!
Hugs
Marjan said…
The tartan paper works well with the dies, clever of you to use the left overs for another card! Thank you for joining us at the Liftchallenge and hope to see you again.
Chris said…
Both cards look great Lynn, love the inlaid technique, good idea to use the 'left overs' to create a second card- " for the price of one is always good!
xx
HilaryJane said…
this is so cool. I love the look of inlayed die cuts and this clever way of using them makes a great card. The fact you get 2 for the price of one is an added bonus xx