Lemons and Limes


I love using this Funky Fossil floor tile. This time I decided to go for a Mediterranean feel. I thought the lemons from a SU set would look good and as I was paper piecing them and stamping on green for the leaves, I got limes! Pity to waste them, so I ended up stamping again to make lemons and limes.

I used yellow paper for this one and stencilled over with blue to get the green. The sentiment is from the same SU set.

With my first card I'm entering into these challenges
Colour Hues - yellow and green
Path of Positivity - optional patterns


My second card I stencilled and embossed in blue and then using it as a resist applied the yellow ink. I've used a gin stamp from Hunkydory. It felt a bit sparse, so I doodled around the card with a fine liner.

I'm entering this one into Sweet Stampin' - no designer paper. I've stencilled and used DI inks to make the card backing.
and Daisy Chain challenge - No DP also.

Comments

Two great cards from this one stencil, a lovely theme too.
Lorraine
Aquarius said…
The lemons and limes look great for the hot weather - vibrant colours
ScrappyHorses said…
Such a fun and bright card! This will certainly bring cheer to one's day! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina
Chris said…
What fabulous cards in the zingy citrus colours, the second one reminds me of our holiday in Sorrento-lemons and these colours were everywhere!
xx
Karen said…
Those Funky Fossil tiles create a wonderful background. I love how you used blue to get the green! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!
KarinsArtScrap said…
2 fab cards Lynn

gr karin
Nancy said…
These turned out well, it's always a plus to get two cards out of one idea. Loved seeing the bright card in the gallery at Color Hues.
How cheerful and summery cards Lynn, love the Mediterranean feel!! :D Wonderful backgrounds, love especially the green one. That floor tile stencil is fabulous, I have one too, but perhaps a bit too big for cards.I will try, thanks for the inspiration.
Stef Perry said…
You definitely achieved the Mediterranean feel with those fabulous tiles and I like it with the limes. It's a bright, bold look with a wonderful sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!
Liz said…
Two striking cards in the bright, citrus colours. xx
Pauline C said…
Fabulous vibrant cards Lynn .. love the combo of the lemons/ limes on top of the tile pattern.
Pauline xx
crafty-stamper said…
Both fabulous Summery cards,love the zingy zesty colours
Carol x
Tracey T said…
What Chris said! These zingy colours have a real Sorrento feel. Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey
Fiona said…
wow this is fab, love the vibrant colours.

thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x
SarahR said…
Gorgeous cards - love the vibrant colour choices and your stencils are fabulous! Thanks for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin' - Sarah, DT.