new embossing technique

 


I've been looking at Jennifer McGuire videos again! They pop up on my IG feed and off I go. This one she says is a new technique, but I think it's a twist on an old one.

You put the metallic ink on the raised side of the embossing folder. What is different is that you emboss onto coloured cardstock and then when you have embossed you brayer over the same colour ink as the cardstock. I must admit the brayering did take it to another level.

I'm not sure I have quite the right embossing folders but I had a go and this is one of the results. It's a SU EF and I used bright pink card and rose gold ink. Then I brayed over with DIs in flamingo pink and picked raspberry alternately.

I've used the co-ordinating stamp on the base card and simply mounted onto some silver mirri.

I'm entering this into the Inspirational challenge where they would like to see an "embossed background" and at Can You Handle The Pressure? for the anything goes option.


I had a snippet of the card left over and so I tried the technique the opposite way around. 

Comments

This is so lovely Linby - a great design.
Hugs
Aquarius said…
Always up for anything 'new' although quite often it's just a variation of a tried and tested technique. This seems to have worked very well and great that you also tried it the other way as well. Just wondering now if I have coloured card and matching ink pad 🤣. So many videos out there and normally more interesting and educational than much of mainstream TV.
Pauline C said…
Interesting technique Lynn and great results on both cards … amazed how you managed to match your card and ink colours on the first one xx
Chris said…
This is a beautiful result Lynn, I admire the way you're always up for trying different techniques...and adding your own ideas to take them a step further, both cards look lovely.
xx
Darlene said…
Such a BEAUTIFUL design ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Can You Handle the Pressure
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE
HilaryJane said…
That's a great effect, I think I might give it a try xx
Sarah said…
A lovely technique and beautiful colours x
KarinsArtScrap said…
it looks great Lynn, never done that

gr karin
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards,love the embossing and a great effect with the technique
Carol x
Amazing. I have seen that Jennifer McGuire's video and it intrigued me too!! But I haven't still tried. You have done a fabulous work and love the blended shades of pink!
Also the the second card looks so lovely!
Marina said…
Interesting to see you trying this from a JM video (yes, I watch her too, though rarely follow her tutorials). I agree it's a new twist on an old technique.The gold embossing stands out beautifully and I love the way you've finished both cards with the details such as the mat and the gold strips.
Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.