The Reading List

 


The Library Challenge is back - hoorah!

This is one of my favourite challenges being such an avid reader. It combines two of my favourite things! The first book for the relaunch is The Reading List which I have read and I reviewed it on my Book blog here. I read it back in November 2021 so some of my details for the card are from memory


I used the cover design as the starting point and cut two pieces of card which I then embossed with a Paisley EF. I also added a couple of Paisley die cuts. This is the reference to India in the book and also I have been wanting to use this EF and die set for a long time!

There is reference to food in the book so I used part of an old Waltzing Mouse stamp and the cupcakes and sentiment. The little boy holding the book I roughly coloured - it is supposed to be arty - not bad colouring lol! I felt there was too much space so I used a PTI sentiment that a blogging friend sent me many years ago. Then I just added other book references/images.

Caught site of some lovely bunnies on a walk along a disused canal on Tuesday. Mainly they were off too fast and too far away for my phone camera. Two were playing in the disused canal and I managed to capture one that didn't run away.

I love seeing all the cow parsley.

There was a cluster of ducklings too where they have put a dam to catch the rain water.

Comments

crafty-stamper said…
Great reading themed card,love all the little imahes and embossed background
Carol x
Fabulous card full of beautiful details Lynn!
Love so much the photos of your walking along the canal, how beautiful is Nature!!
Chris said…
A brilliant take on the jacket/theme of this book, thank you for explaining your line of thought/inspiration as I haven't read this one. I like how you've incorporated themes from the book as well as the book jacket.
The nature photos are beautiful :)
xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a sweet and gorgeous card Lynn love the design and beautiful photo's

gr karin
Sarah said…
What a very clever take on your book right down to the cover, great job. Super pics too, I always liken the cow parsley to Mother Natures frillies!
HilaryJane said…
Brilliant card, I love it xx
So brilliant! I really LOVE it!
Hugs, Mariann
Aquarius said…
Great card for this challenge which is a new one on me. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos too
WOW! Lynn, what a super interpretation of the book, it's gorgeous, love the piccies to follow through too.
Faith x
Pauline C said…
Great interpretation of the book theme Lynn, I love the way you have reflected the colour scheme and all the little details and literary quotes
Pauline xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
A really lovely creation portraying the book theme Lynn.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Marina said…
I love how you've incorporated so many elements from the book and also the front cover design - the paisley is a great idea. I read your review - loved it - and notice the cover you had on there was a different one , which would have been equally good to use.
Thank you for participating so enthusiastically and with a fantastic card. Thanks for joining The Library.