WINTER!


It's so hot in the UK right now. I thought this Winter AJ layout might help cool you down lol! This is a page I made a few months ago and never got around to sharing. The challenge at Inkspirational prompted me to share with their Seasonal challenge.



My AJ is actually a repurposed cookbook that I got free. I painted white gesso over the page and then applied various inks. I used Lavinia stamps and some stencilling. Then I used a die from a papercraft society box to cut the wording adding some snow with a white gel pen.

Comments

Aquarius said…
Nice to see a cool picture in this hot weather. Clever use of an unwanted cookery book, great idea.
Beautiful wintery AJ page Lynn, really love these shades of blue, they are so fresh! Here the sun goes and comes... Not too much hot for the moment.
Have a lovely week
Chris said…
How lovely! The subtle background in the cool wintery shades is stunning. I do love a repurposed journal- I have two from years ago that were originally out of date law manuals that would have been thrown away. Such fun to create something arty with them
xx
Ellibelle said…
So fabulous Lynn! Love how it turned out! And another super idea to repurpose a cookbook!
crafty-stamper said…
Great journal page and recycling,love the silhouette stamp and stencilling
Carol x
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a lovely sweet card Lynn

gr karin
Pauline C said…
Lovely winter AJ spread ... fab colours and love the background.
Pauline xx
brenda said…
A real ethereal feel to this one Lynn.

B x
Nonni said…
Very cool, literally! Love the shades of blue and the dreamy look. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!