Fashionable birthday

 


It's the final of the Great British Sewing Bee tonight, one of my favourite programmes. When I was paper piecing this stamp I had the judges voice in my head, when they say how well someone has done their pattern placement! Hopefully they would approve of this one as I stamped the whole dress in one go, carefully placing the flowers where I wanted them. 

I then cut out and mounted onto a piece of white card, at which point I decided it was too much white space for me. So I stencilled over using two stencils, one dotty and one roses in kitsch flamingo pink. So I am entering into the Stencil Fun challenge for Birthdays.

I then added a sentiment and some tiny stamped butterflies. I mounted onto a piece of the same paper I had used for paper piecing. This is an old Rare Earth stamp and the paper was sent to me by a lovely blogging buddy for this image.

Comments

Aquarius said…
Great pattern placement - looking forward to the programme final
Chris said…
Have to admit I'm a bit obsessed by the Sewing Bee- even dusted off my sewing machine and made dresses for granddaughters.
I love your card, beautiful design and perfect paper piecing.
xx
Love so much the way you realized the dress with that sweet paper! Your card is so clever and beautifully done! Love the girl stamp, too, I find it very elegant.
Have a lovely day!
Diane said…
Wow, it is a gorgeously created card, her dress is beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a elegant and very beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
brenda said…
This is so you Lynn and beautifully paper pieced.

B x
Liz said…
Super card Lynn, great paper piecing. xx
crafty-stamper said…
Love the beautiful paper pieced image and pretty P.paper.
Carol x
Pauline C said…
Wow Lynn this is fabulous … wonderful image and brilliant paper piecing .. love the soft stencilling too.
Pauline xx
HilaryJane said…
It looks lovely, what a great example of paper piecing. I forget how effective it can be. Great background too. I shall be watching the sewing bee final on Sunday afternoon. I wonder if I can avoid hearing who one before then xx
Absolutely gorgeous image and I love how you designed her dress and the card. As for the Sewing Bee? I have missed it all, I read who had won and groaned that I had missed it. Glad you enjoyed it.
Faith x
Sarah said…
Wow, this is glorious Lynne, fabulous paper piecing xx
Sarn said…
WOW that is a gorgeous stamp. Perfect placement on the patterned paper! I like the delicate background too.

Love this card. xxx