Life and Loves of a She Devil

 


The new book at The Library Challenge is The Life and Loves of a She Devil. I've never read the book and I do vaguely remember it being on the TV but not sure I ever watched it.

So I have played safe for inspiration and gone with the lighthouse on the book cover. I used a stamp from an old magazine set and the sentiment is from a more recent magazine. The background paper is rather nice, so I didn't want to cover it up too much, and so I left the image uncoloured. I just matted onto some metallic midnight blue cardstock. 

I do like the way this paper pad has the distressed edges, but to fit it on a 6x6 you always have to trim part of it off!


We went to hear the music of Pink Floyd played by a string quartet on Saturday night. This was the scene before everyone arrived. The setting is the National Justice Museum in Nottingham. The candles have faux flames for health and safety but it was still very effective. It was an amazing experience and so clever how the musicians replicated the unique sounds of Pink Floyd with strings.

Comments

Liz said…
Great card Lynne, the patterned paper makes a lovely background. Sounds like you had a lovely evening on Saturday. xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what a lovely card Lynn

gr karin
Aquarius said…
A great card for this book challenge, not always easy especially if you're not familiar with the story so going with the cover picture has worked. It is annoying when you have to trim off the edges of papers to fit a card blank but can't easily be avoided unless you make non-standard sized cards which is a problem in itself.
brenda said…
I've vague memories of a movie by that name but that's where it ends! Nice card anyhows and the concert sounds amazing.

B x
Chris said…
Fabulous card, read the book, saw the TV series, both years ago, can only vaguely remember the story!
Sounds like a wonderful concert!
xx
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful card and really love the image-I love lighthouses
Carol x
Pauline C said…
Great card Lynn and the concert looks amazing … they have candlelit concerts like this regularly in Liverpool and I think I should go to one!
Pauline xx
Marina said…
The stars paper goes beautifully with the stamped lighthouse - this is perfect for the book. The book is one I have read, albeit many years ago, and I loved it at the time. Thanks for joining The Library.
Love the beautiful dp, and the uncoloured lighthouse looks great on it!
A very dramatic feel for the location of the concert, so glad you have had an amazing experience!
Sarn said…
A lovely CAS card. Great lighthouse image.

WOW - that concert sounds like it was an amazing experience. LOVE Pink Floyd! xxx
HilaryJane said…
That starry paper works really well as a background to your lighthouse stamp. Glad you enjoyed your alternative Pink Floyd concert. I still love Pink Floyd, their music takes me right back to my teenage years. I saw them perform at Knebworth in the 70's xx