Yupo fun

 


My card is for the new challenge at Allsorts. The first of two challenges that will run for two weeks over the holiday period. The closing date for this one will be noon Friday 11th August. 

Lorraine has an optional chosen theme of...

****Anything but Square****
but you can go for the anything goes option if you wish

I've used a pre cut flower base card and then simply cut out a circle from my background created with alcohol inks on Yupo paper. I then added a die cut sentiment backed with vellum and a few butterflies that were sitting on my desk from a previous make. I was aiming for poppies - I will let you decide if that is what you are seeing!

This fortnight there will be two winners who will share this bumper bundle of Christmas stamps, dies, DP's and ribbons form Craft Stash. Winners will be announced on Friday 25th August.

Comments

Aquarius said…
Great effect achieved and, yes, poppies certainly came to mind even before I read your words.
brenda said…
I certainly see Poppies Lynn, a really genius way to create them as well.

B x
KarinsArtScrap said…
fabulous fun Lynn, great bg and card

gr karin
Chris said…
The yupo panel looks amazing Lynn- definitely poppies! xx
Mervi said…
Fabulous card with gorgeous poppies;-))m
Liz said…
Fabulous card Lynn... and they're definitely poppies. xx
Sarah said…
No doubt about it, they are poppies!! What a fabulous technique x
Sarn said…
Such a pretty shaped card. Very ethereal x
A gorgeous, inky effect using the Yupo paper, love the flower shape too.
Lorraine
My first glance? these lovely flowers were poppies. This is gorgeous Lynn, love the shaped card to show your lovely work off.
Faith x
Wendy L said…
Yes I can see poppies. So much fun using alcohol inks, xxx
Oh yes, they are wild poppies in my opinion, such fabulous alcohol ink paper you made! Love the flower shape, just perfect to show the circle!
Have a lovely weekend!
HilaryJane said…
Yes, definitely poppies, I love the abstract nature of it xx
Dena J said…
Such pretty flowers! I am impressed - my alcohol inks are just blobs of color. This made a stunning card.
crafty-stamper said…
Love the shape and fabulous background,love the beautiful poppies and I thought poppies before I read your post
Carol x
A beautiful card Lynn x
Ellibelle said…
Absolutely beautiful, a work of art using alcohol inks. Love how this turned out!
Pauline C said…
I definitely see poppies Lynn .. this is just so artistic!
Pauline xx
Carol L said…
There's nothing more feminine than flowers and butterflies and this circle looks fabulous! Nice work on this one!