A touch of stencilling


In my continuing mission to "use stuff up!" I pulled out these rub ons that came with a scrapbook kit. One is a black glitter and the second one is a glue which you rub over with a gold foil.

I had an arch blank from the middle of a card blank for a long time and thought it might look ok with them on. I then used two stencils and a sentiment over the top. Matted and put onto a card blank.

The stencil with the diamonds is a CE three part mini stencil. Mini being the operative word which I missed when I ordered them lol! Effective put difficult to do a larger area.

In a bid to also use up the other arch blank I repeated the design.


I'm entering the first card into the Stencil fun challenge where the option is Butterflies.

Because the two arch shaped card pieces were waste from a card blank, I am entering them into the Snippets challenge - hopefully they count?

Comments

Aquarius said…
Very effective - well done for using up 'stuff'. I'm also guilty of not taking enough care reading descriptions of items ordered online 🙄
crafty-stamper said…
Both beautiful cards and love the stencilled backgrounds
Carol x
brenda said…
Everything works together really well Lynn and you used up some goodies as well.

B x
Sarn said…
Beautiful stencilled cards Lynn. Your arches from other cards certainly count as snippets

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you for a cocktail in the treehouse later xxx
Darlene said…
WOW these are just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B
KarinsArtScrap said…
beautiful cards with these background stenciling Lynn

gr karin
HilaryJane said…
Love those stencilled backgrounds. Well done for using up some stuff xx
Chris said…
A lovely design and an inventive way to use up 'stuff' - The stencilling in the archways is beautiful. I have so much stuff lurking about, I really should use it or bite the bullet and throw it out! xx
A great way to use up your arch leftovers, and love the stencilling a background of your rub-ons! The first one is my favourite!
What a clever use of rub ons and different ways of using them to make these beautiful cards Lynn.
Faith x
Di said…
Hi Lynn! I LOVE how you used the 'snippets' from your first card - clever girl!

Hugs
Di xxx
Pauline C said…
Two gorgeous cards Lynn and a fab composition to use up “stuff” … they work perfectly and the pretty stencilling really sets the whole thing off.
Pauline xx