Cake fixes everything

 


My entry for the current challenge at The Library challenge.


The book is Jane's Patisserie - Celebrate and I was inspired by the layer cake on the cover.

I have quite a few cake stamps and dies, but as I had been routing through cdroms recently, I found this cake from the House of Zandra Fabulous Cakes.

I took it into MCS and combined it with a digi sentiment and stamp from TLC. It was going to be a card but I misjudged the size so decided as I like it so much to make it into an art journal page. I used a flower stamp from a CC mag for the background. Then when I had stuck the page down I used a stencil with spare ink on my brush to go over the whole page.

As I have used a cd I am also entering into CD Sunday plus challenge #117 anything goes.

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
what a sweet and beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
Chris said…
A great journal page Lynn- fantastic cake and I know quite a few people who would agree with the sentiment!
xx
Aquarius said…
Cake is always good and this is a particularly yummy slice.
Jocelyn said…
That's a fun card and who doesn't like cake. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT
Liz said…
Lovely art journal page, Lynn. Great image and I love the sentiment. xx
brenda said…
A lovely journal page Lynn, the title is spot on, cake can help.

B x
Beautiful journal page Lynn, great composition into MCS and love the stamped floral background!
Pauline C said…
Fab art journal page, love the composition with the stamps and stencilling
Pauline xx
Carol said…
What a delicious-looking cake. Thank you for sharing with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT
Sarn said…
Super journal page with a vintage vibe xxx
Great card and combination of images Lynn.
Faith x
crafty-stamper said…
Great journal page love the image and sentiment
Carol x
Pamela said…
A good idea to use it for a journal page. I'd have to disagree with the sentiment though..... for me it would have to be chocolate fixes everything!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.
Lovely fun image and lovely colouring, who does not like cake
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT
Wendy L said…
It looks great Lynn, I do love creating journal pages. xx
KraftyKoolKat said…
A fantastic journal page Lynn, the cake may fix one issue but it creates another with the fat going on my hips. 🤣
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
Carol L said…
I like the brilliant colors of the cake against the neutral color background. Cake is always a good fix for everything!
Marina said…
I love this fun, retro look! I really like the way you've layered the sentiment over the image too. Thanks for joining The Library.