Sunflowers and three buses arrive at once!

 



I'm here with my mid month challenge reminder, with my DT cards for Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping.

At Stamping Sensations I've yet again gone with the Sunflower theme from the mood board. But "anything stamped" is also acceptable to be eligible for our wonderful prizes and top picks.

I've used a stamp by Ukrainian designer Lesia Zgharda for my first card. The sentiment is also by her from another stamp set and also the butterfly. If you can believe it, I already had this watercolour background I had made and I thought the colours fell perfectly for the stamp design. I just added some yellow shades with a promarker to the flower head.  I've used the stained glass dies (again) to frame, this time inserting a colour every so often. As the spaces aren't even I couldn't do every other one! I added a little white pen around the sentiment to grunge it a little.

My second DT card is for our optional theme of "masculine" at  We Love Stamping. Or you can enter with anything that contains stamped images.

I have a set of stamps with vintage cars and this bus that I haven't used for ages. I inked up the bus and colour and cut out and then mounted onto a die from Positively Papercraft. You may have seen this die the other month as a notice board! Then I stamped the image again in black and red twice for the background. Adding a few grungy tyre marks.

Comments

brenda said…
From memory that's what buses always did (we don't get them in our parts) but very effective how you have used them. Lovely watercolour Sunflower as well.

B x
Aquarius said…
Super sunflower card. Good to see the buses too - not something much seen here and certainly not double deckers 😊
KarinsArtScrap said…
you have made a beautiful and a fantastic card Lynn

gr karin
Chris said…
The sunflower card is beautiful, such a lovely stamp, fabulous frame and how lucky to have that perfect background paper ready to use. The bus card is great too, a fun and clever design.
xx
Mrs.B said…
Your watercolour background works so well with the sunflower and I love the frame. What a great bus image, love the background too.
Avril xx
HilaryJane said…
Great framing of your sunflower. Love the pops of bright yellow. They really lift the whole thing. Your bus is great too, love the idea of using the stamp in the background. A lovely vintage feel too xx
crafty-stamper said…
Love the beautiful sunflowers and your three double deckers
Carol x
Pauline C said…
Gorgeous sunflower card, the background is fab and I love the stained glass die. Brilliant composition on the bus card as well .. great use of that die
Pauline xx
It's always so rewarding when a background is ready to match perfectly our focal points, isn't it? This one looks awesome and the design is very beautiful with the lovely sunflower and butterflies and the grunge feel! Love the yellow inlay too!
The English vintage bus looks so striking against the bold green grid! So clever add the other bus uncoloured on the back!
Have a lovely weekend!
Sarn said…
Brilliant sunflower card Lynn. Lovely and cheerful.

Your buses card is also great. Super images.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
Sarah said…
Oh I do love a sunny smiley sunflower and this one is gorgeous. Love the buses too. I have never seen a double decker bus where we live but I used to love staying with my Grandma in Bristol when I was little. We used to catch the bus into Bristol city centre and I remember once seeing a blue budgie on the pavement at one bus stop and begging her to get off so we could save it!! Memories!!
KraftyKoolKat said…
Such a gorgeous sunflower card Lynn, I nearly bought some off a flower stall on Saturday. It was so windy at the time and I thought I wouldn't get them home in one piece. I adore your London bus card, it is fabulous.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
pinky said…
Hard to beat a sunflower Lynn. This card is just gorgeous!