Through the trees

 


I thought I would share my make for the current Lavinia challenge where the theme is "Through the trees".

For once the idea in my head actually worked! I decided to use two Lavinia stencils starting at the top for the leaves graduating the colour and then at the bottom for fallen petals. I put the stencils across ways as this is a journal page and is quite wide. 

Then I stamped the trees, using grey ink for those in the distance. I added various other stamps with little white highlights and gold pen then deepening the ink blending at the top of the page. The final touch was stamping the wording in grey with some of the words in black at the bottom of the page.

I was also very brave and used a proper page from a loose leaf journal I had yet to begin. I tend to use my older repurposed ones, but decided I had to start somewhere!

Comments

Aquarius said…
A lovely interpretation of the theme, lots of detail
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous journal page and love the stamped scene
Carol x
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a very beautiful page and stamping Lynn

gr karin
SO lovely Lynn, lots going on with your fairies and the fox and owl, a beautiful forest scene.
Faith x
Sarah said…
That's a beauty. Such a gorgeous scene and great colours. I have just dipped my toe in and bought a few of these stamps x
Chris said…
A lovely combination of stamps and stencils to create this magical journal page xx
brenda said…
Very magical Lynn and like the way you've brought the pinks in at the bottom.

B x
Wow!! Absolutely magical and adorable AJ page! A lot of fabulous details and just love the stencilled/stamped background with the yellow as light in the middle! Great palette too! Good luck with Lavinia's challenge!
Pauline C said…
Beautiful magical scene, love all the stamping detail and brilliant use of stencilling.
Pauline xx