Cherish yesterday ...


We went to London for a few days, so I am behind with my commenting. I will catch up! I'll share more about that further down the post. So this is a long post.

This is a card I made reimagining a design I did with Brenda at one of her workshops over 10 years ago!

This is the original card I made at the workshop.


I also made another version more akin to the original.


I'm going to try and re visit some of my own designs - hopefully! 

The stamp is an old Hero Arts. I'm entering the first card into the Path of Positivity challenge using the grid below.  Mine line is :- Florals, Make your own background and use die cuts or punches.

We went to the War of The Worlds Immersive Experience (bit scary). No photos allowed! We did see these horses and traps on the way in though, it was a large procession.


We also went to the Abba Voyage experience which was absolutely amazing. Again no photos allowed during the performance. These are from inside the arena before it began and the outside of the venue. Did you know the arena is an actual flatpack! It can be taken down and re assembled anywhere.


A stop for cake and coffee Canary Wharf


A few photos from Greenwich and then the Cloud Cable car over the Thames. We were lucky enough to catch the sunset too.


The famous Greenwich time ball

The Cutty Sark






What fantastic weather we had too. So lucky - especially as it had forecast rain!

Comments

brenda said…
Greify me Lynn, that takes me back and I remember that class so well. I was thrilled that you travelled so far to come and that may well have been the same one Zoe came to as I recall one or two came some distance. I'm thinking it may have been one of the all day ones I used to do where we lunch as well, they were such fun.

Moving on, looks like a great weekend in London as well as your lovely re-takes on the original card.

B x
brenda said…
What that should have said when we had lunch as well.

Bx
ScrappyHorses said…
What a beautiful card wit the lovely frame and beautiful flowers! Great use of the Tic, Tac, Toe board! Also, love the pics...especially the horses, of course! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. ~Katrina
Chris said…
The card designs are beautiful and showcase the fabulous poppies perfectly. Nice idea to revisit previous designs too- and to reuse older stamps again, I'm very guilty of moving on to new and neglecting stamps I've only used once.
Lovely photos of your trip to London, looks as if you packed a lot in during your few days.
xx
Two lovely cards reimagining that design you did with Brenda 10 tears ago! Love especially the first one!
It seems you have had a fabulous time at London! Interesting photos! I'm impressed by the Abba arena,I have never imaged that a flatpack building exist!
Hugs
HilaryJane said…
Wonderful poppy cards and what a good idea to re visit old designs. Thanks for sharing pictures of your travels. I have been away too so I am behind with things and know the feeling. We will get caught up, I am sure xx
Wendy L said…
Super card Lynn, poppies always remind me of Brenda. Great pics of the city too, xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous cards Lynn and photo's

gr karin
crafty-stamper said…
All beautiful cards and love the beautiful poppies too.Great pics from London
Carol x
Liz said…
Fabulous poppy card, Lynn. It’s lovely to recreate old design sometimes. Thanks for sharing the photos of London. Looks like you had an amazing time. We saw the Abba Voyage experience a while ago, it was amazing. xx
A really lovely card Lynn, love the other versions too. Just goes to show, we can reuse and it will look different each time.
Faith x
Pauline C said…
Really beautiful poppy designs Lynn and the sentiments are great as well. Looks like a wonderful few days in London with some great outings and experiences, and it looks like you also got great weather
Pauline xx