Chestnuts

 


It's my turn to host the challenge at Allsorts chalenge this week. I've chosen the optional theme of Autumn colours, but you can also go for "anything goes".

For my DT card I used a Ruth Hamilton Design Chestnut and leaf digi stamp which comes like this...
As you can see you get one Chestnut. So I took the image into MCS scissored the chestnut away from the leaf, and tiled and coloured it. I printed the leaf out separately with another chestnut to put in the corner. I also fussy cut around them. I also took the whole image into MCS and colourized it, then tiled it again for my background.

Our challenge prizes for October come from: Stamp Addicts, Oakwood, Highlight Crafts, Ruth Hamilton Design, AALL and Create and Craft Stash. The weekly winners will all be announced on the last Friday of the month.

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
what a lovely card Lynn

gr karin
Mervi said…
Great job, lovely autumnal card;-))m
Aquarius said…
A great autumnal card for the challenge
brenda said…
Clever use of the image Lynn and perfect for your theme, which I love, thank you.

B x
Liz said…
Lovely autumnal card Lynn, a very clever design. xx
Chris said…
A brilliant design and beautiful colours, perfect for your theme.
xx
coldwaters2 said…
Gosh Lynn this is brilliant what a fantastic card I love it
hugs
lolo x
crafty-stamper said…
Love the Autumn leaf and colour-great idea how you designed the background.
Carol x
Ellibelle said…
What a creative way to use Ruth's image and your card is absolutely beautiful!
Sarn said…
Your background is very creative and shows off the chestnut leaf perfectly. Great card for your challenge. Hugs, Sarn xxx
Ruth said…
Beautiful card, Lynn. Very creative use of the image! x
HilaryJane said…
Clever use of that chestnut. It is good to see you put your digital skills to good use. I don't think I have ever seen a card with chestnuts before, so unique xx
Pauline C said…
Very clever and creative use of digis to make a fab autumnal card
Pauline x
Well done with your digital work, you made a so clever background with your chestnut. Love the leaf!
Have a lovely weekend!
A lovely background and fab Autumnal card.
Lorraine
Sarah said…
That's a great card and how clever of you to make the background
Beautiful use of the image Lynn, thinking outside the box on this one, made a wonderful card.
Faith x