Flying by ...

 


If you are a follower of the Snippets Playground you may recognise this stamp set as part of the current prize. It's a set I donated as I bought two and I've only just got around to using mine. I was intending to have this card up and running before now...


I've used snippets for the birds and also this left over piece of printed cloud paper from a previous project (sorry just out of shot that I had already used a piece). I ran it through the embossing folder and there's some left as you can see - so expect another card background from this. 

I've also used another of the frame sets from Maximum cards. I absolutely love this idea and she has some new larger sizes now too. (link on sidebar). This piece of pierced card has been in my stash forever. I remember buying it, thinking it would be useful. Finally it has been.

I think when I bought this set I had a bit of a Hilda Ogden moment (if you know you know) and already have an idea for another card.

Off to the Snippets Playground to link up now. Also to NBUS challenge as this is the first outing for the stamp/die set and frame dies.


Comments

crafty-stamper said…
I love the ducks/geese and the way you have framed them-beautiful
Carol x
Chris said…
I know exactly what you mean about Hilda! My Nan had those flying ducks on her wall too! It's a beautiful card, love the bright colours and the lovely cloudy sky.
xx
brenda said…
I remember those ducks from childhood, I think half the village cottages had them. Makes a great masculine card in particular.

B x
Donna said…
Gorgeous snippet card. I have that sentiment in an airplane set, not I need to use it with birds too! Thanks for the inspiration!
Sarn said…
Ha ha ha - I'm afraid I DO know! Haven't thought about Hilda Ogden in years!

Great snippets card by the way - and LOVE the frame.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
it's a beautiful card Lynn

gr karin
coldwaters2 said…
This is lovely Lynn I love how you have placed the birds as if they are flying out of the frame a super make
hugs
lolo x
HilaryJane said…
Great use of those snippets and it is great that you have finally used those flying ducks, they are amazing. Love your sky too xx
This card is amazing, absolutely love these flying ducks and that pierced frame! The embossed/inked sky looks wonderful and the sentiment is just perfect! Well done using this stamp set! And the snippets too :)
Di said…
Hello Lynn! What a fabulous card and a lovely
plug for the Playground as well - thank you! I did wonder how you could part with the lovely set of stamps and dies when you sent them for the Playground Toybox! And, then you naturally sent me off to Maximum Crafts for a set of the frame dies - sigh. What a splendid idea - thanks so much for sharing your lovely card using them. You set me off thinking about Hilda's ducks and I rootled back through my blog and came across this post from 10 years ago! https://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-day-that-rain-came-down.html Those ducks certainly get around.

Hugs

Di xx
Inkyfingers said…
What a lovely card, Lynn and you made me smile with the Hilda Ogden reference lol! I really like the embossed clouds on your background and the whole design looks so stylish.
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Carol x
Pauline C said…
Great composition Lynn and fabulous frame dies … and yes I do know 🤣🤣
Pauline xx
Lisa said…
Super cute flying ducks and fun card.
Darnell said…
I love the colors you used for your fun snippets duckies, Lynn! Great movement and the embossed clouds and polkie-dot frame complete your design! Thank you so much for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (Sorry to be so late. Just getting back to Blogland after all our company and traveling ... feels good to be home!)